Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: CT vs MRI (Read 1428 times)
idorko
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Central Maine
Re: CT vs MRI
Oct 29th, 2012 at 2:32pm

You can read about the differences here: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

As far as I know, CTs can't detect brain tumors, which can cause headaches, which is why they want you to get an MRI.
I didn't get bruising from Indocin when I took it

IP Logged

BlueDevil
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Australia
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2012 at 12:26am

Indomethacin has an aspirin like efect in reducing clotting and can therefore promote bruising.

IP Logged

iammelissa
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2012 at 6:14am

I had three CT with my first CH nothing my first MRI found my pituitary  tumor (pituitary tumors most all for the most part are benign) good news, was no headaches for four years after tumor removal, bad news, chronic cluster headaches for three after, which is where I am to date, lots of info online about pituitary surgery and CH, Good news new research , on my second week of new found drug Octreotide, and now starting D3 therapy. Have had another CT and two more MRI with and without contrast since 2009 no new tumor . Good luck do your homework,  Smiley

“The cost of sanity in this society, is a certain level of alienation”
― Terence McKenna

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #3 - Nov 17th, 2012 at 5:39pm

Zazzed, please look in the left-hand corner above this and check your Private messages.  I left you a note.   Smiley

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

AppleNutClusters
CH.com Old Timer

2012, Year of the Honey
Badger

Richmond, Virgina, USA
Reply #4 - Nov 17th, 2012 at 8:53pm

An MRI found my benign pineal cyst, if I recall. Most recently, I was scanned because of head trauma. There are all types of MRI machines from ones that only enclose the extremity to ones that are closed (tunnels). If you are anxious, let them know. You can be sedated if necessary. Also let them know if you have any implants.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

jgroulx@mac.com  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!