Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Support (Read 1182 times)
brian trudeau
CH.com Junior

his arms are around me
and his tounge in my
eye

Kinde, MI USA
Support
Oct 22nd, 2012 at 11:35pm

A big thank you to all of you who run and maintain this site.  It has been and continues to be one of my best ways to deal with this condition.  A great place to go when feeling alone, depressed, scared to sleep or just need somewhere to vent about things when needed.  I reallly do appreciate all the fine information this site has to offer as well as the humor we need in the darkest nights/days/weeks/months that we all have endured.  A smile that comes across after reading great posts and responses  ie: "dopiest responses to CH"  or "Cluster positives" Answers like: "it no longer hurts when you cut your finger off at work" bring a smile that only we could understand.  That smile is huge sunbeam on the dark and cloudy days when it seems you have not smiled in a long time and the rain does not want to let up.  We are as unique as our condition and glad to have this network of  support.  Thank you again wishing everyone PFDN .
-Brian

...but then you make me crawl..and I cant be holding on to what you got...when all you got is hurt...
briantrud briantrud briantrud  
IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Re: Support
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2012 at 8:03am

Kind words, Brian, and for the good people on this site, well deserved. I assume, since you didn't mention anything to the contrary, that you are doing OK? If so, stick around and share the love with those who need it. If not,well you know what to do. God bless. lance

IP Logged

brian trudeau
CH.com Junior

his arms are around me
and his tounge in my
eye

Kinde, MI USA
Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2012 at 9:15am

Cycle started back up again on 10/6 and still around.(Shhh he will hear me talking about him)  Nightly hits automatic still but have had up to 4 a day since they have started back up. I have my o2, Inderal and just finsihed another round of prednisone.  I am limitted to what I can do with meds due to a heart condition (ARVD).  Thinking of going to see my neuro (Dr. Saper) down in Ann Arbor MI at MHNI  (Michigan Headpain & Neuro Institute) to see if there are new choices available.  Thanks again to all

...but then you make me crawl..and I cant be holding on to what you got...when all you got is hurt...
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2012 at 12:43pm

brian trudeau wrote on Oct 23rd, 2012 at 9:15am:
Cycle started back up again on 10/6 and still around.(Shhh he will hear me talking about him) 

Beast  Ok you guys, keep production rolling.  We never shut the lights and go home, when's the night shift arrive?

Foreman  Sir, we're just waiting for a comfortable sleep and the REM signal to light up.  I assure you they'll be at their posts hammering away.

Beast You know the procedure, and when the sun shineth, we maketh hay.

Foreman  A fresh shift in the morning will see to your production standards.

Um, sir.  Last night while it was quiet crewman Pangsasharp overheard your name, someone out there is talking about you.

Beast  You know I don't go for publicity, this is a quiet operation, we don't want attention drawn to us.

Foreman  I wouldn't bring it up if he was saying your name with a string of swear words like usual.  This time it was a bad word, "support" was mentioned.

Beast  We've tangled before.  It could be just friendly advice like, aspirin - aisle four, trauma from a previous life, or the sympathetic, "I get those too."  If it's banana peels or those purple bath oil beads, tell the boys pizza party.

Foreman  Those conversations don't get past two sentences, there was more.  Do you think it's...that site?  You know, clusterville.

Beast  I am so sick of the bullshit they spew.  Try to keep the production line going.  If we have to fold up our tents and steal away, dont worry, there'll be another time.

Foreman  The boys know it's seasonal work, I'll boost morale though and let them know they still wear the pants in this fight.  We still got that picture of DJ in the French maid's outfit, I'll post it over the timeclock.
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2012 at 12:47pm by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

brian trudeau
CH.com Junior

his arms are around me
and his tounge in my
eye

Kinde, MI USA
Reply #4 - Oct 23rd, 2012 at 2:39pm

Great post Kevin,
Kinda goes with Lance's question above "doing OK? If so, stick around and share".  I hate that I am afraid to hear his name or put his thought back into my mind if he is not currently wrapped behind my eyeball. 
I need to stop the fear of someone saying the word cluster or seeing a comercial for honey nut clusters for Petes sake! I have sometimes checked in to notice when my post over the years have been to notice any patterns in my cycles as my own little HA diary backup but will try my best to do better and offer up any support when I can. Thanks again to all

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #5 - Oct 24th, 2012 at 12:09pm

Kevin, that should be an instant classic with a stickie. It was an amazing dialog ala Uncle Screwtape to Wormwood. Nicely done. blessings. lance

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!