Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi everyone (Read 526 times)
PeacefulChaos
CH.com Newbie

Hafa Adai!

Hi everyone
Oct 20th, 2012 at 7:10pm

Hello everyone. Let me start by saying that I have never met another CH and was taken back by the existence of this community.
I have suffered since I was 18 for 10 years now and am luckily episodic. As a younger man I was not properly diagnosed and could not afford treatment. Somehow I made it this far and am fortunate to have an ample supply of Maxalt-MLT that generally works "if" taken in time but have tried everything from a-z (amitryptaline to zomig) and everything in between. Ive replaced punching myself and headbanging with brisk cardio (bike or eliptical) and am grateful that it usually helps.
When I began reading other peoples experience I wanted to cry because I knew exactly how they felt and that I was not alone.
Anyways, I am happy to be here and am generally looking for the positive sides of being a "survivor" if you will, of what we go through.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Hi everyone
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2012 at 9:38pm

G'day PeacefulChaos and welcome home. Alone you ain't.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2012 at 11:15am

Please tell us where you live. Follow the next line to a message which explains why knowing your location and your medical history will help us to help you.

CLUSTER HEADACHE HELP AND SUPPORT › GETTING TO KNOW YA › NEWBIES, HELP US...HELP YOU
==================================

If you are asking for suggestions re. treatment, etc., please give us a history of past treatments: med, dose, duration of use, outcome, etc.

Explore the butttons, left.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

ttnolan
CH.com Veteran

beats me

Scotts Valley, CA
Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2012 at 4:27pm

It doesn't sound like you have found effective treatment for your CH? I would trade in the brisk cardio for a good oxygen set-up. Read the oxygen info link on the left. And Maxalt... pretty much useless for CH. If pursuing relief with triptans, in general pills are useless... it is too little too late. Imitrex injections, or something in a nasal spray will work better.
As Bob said, if looking for help/suggestions, tell us a little more about yourself, doctor and treatments tried.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #4 - Oct 24th, 2012 at 12:20pm

For what it's worth, dittos to the welcome and the advice above. No, you are not alone, and we do understand. You won't hear us say "yeah, I got migraines too, that's when I started sniffing banana peels. You oughta try it!" But do feel free to ask any questions you might have. God bless. lance

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!