Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thank you (Read 1600 times)
jkclevel
CH.com Newbie

Boston, MA
Thank you
Oct 12th, 2012 at 10:38am

My cycles normally involve getting 1-2 HA a day often being worse during the start and end of the season. I used Imitrex to manage the stronger ones but due to how it made me feel I would often just grit my teeth and go for a walk for the rest, then I'd be stuck working late to make up the time.

During my last episode I heard about O2 treatments but was a little skeptical. When my HA came back a few weeks ago I found this site and all of the information on here convinced me to try it. I had just started seeing a new doctor who also seemed skeptical about the logistics of the O2 treatment but he listened to me, did some research, helped me figure out the insurance issues, etc., and got me set up.

About an hour ago I believe I aborted my second headache using my new oxygen setup, and I can not describe how relieved, happy, emotional and just plain wonderful I feel.

I know this beast will always be hanging over my head but dealing with it doesn't seem so impossible any more and I have the people on this website to thank.

Thank you.

-Jeff

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Thank you
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 11:02am

Oxygen compoletely changed my view of the beast. Took most of the wind outta beastys' sails. I feel that tension and tingly scalp sensation, my eyelids starts it's "angry droop", I fire off my E-Tank and 6-8 minutes later I have that euphoric feeling of beasty being completely gone. Great to hear it's working for you. Smiley

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

ttnolan
CH.com Veteran

beats me

Scotts Valley, CA
Reply #2 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 3:55pm

I love this post, it should be sticky'd to the oxygen link. We say it will change your life... I guess people get so jaded from hearing about all this crap that is supposed to help... and it never does.
You are most welcome! (Now you can help us try to convince all the other newbies coming here)  Wink
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2012 at 3:56pm by ttnolan »  

IP Logged

shooky
CH.com Veteran

33 years of CH.

TLV Israel
Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 9:40pm

O2 definitely changed MY life.

WWW https://www.facebook.com/shooky.galili  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #4 - Oct 13th, 2012 at 3:50am

shooky wrote on Oct 12th, 2012 at 9:40pm:
O2 definitely changed MY life. 

Oxygen didn't change my life, it gave me it back after CH was ruling it.

IP Logged

shooky
CH.com Veteran

33 years of CH.

TLV Israel
Reply #5 - Oct 13th, 2012 at 7:08am

Nothing bits the feeling of the first time when you realize the pain is going away after finding an efficient abortive.

IP Logged

japanzaman
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Fukuoka, JAPAN
Reply #6 - Oct 13th, 2012 at 8:14am

O2 is kind of the trump card that I'm holding on to in case what I've been using (D3/pred tapers/immigran) stops to work. I have never used it, but I sleep a lot better at night knowing there is a viable and affordable back-up plan for when the beast decides to shake things up.

IP Logged

shooky
CH.com Veteran

33 years of CH.

TLV Israel
Reply #7 - Oct 13th, 2012 at 2:03pm

japanzaman - I think you should consider using O2 BEFORE using Imigran. Some people get faster relief from O2, and it's much more healthy.

IP Logged

ttnolan
CH.com Veteran

beats me

Scotts Valley, CA
Reply #8 - Oct 13th, 2012 at 5:34pm

shooky wrote on Oct 13th, 2012 at 2:03pm:
japanzaman - I think you should consider using O2 BEFORE using Imigran. Some people get faster relief from O2, and it's much more healthy.

Not to mention much cheaper, and removes the possibility of rebound headaches.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!