Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
what's working for me (Read 642 times)
domm
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Cleveland, Ohio
what's working for me
Oct 10th, 2012 at 9:06am

It's been about 10 years since I last posted here, although I have scanned and read many of the postings. As an old timer, if you don't remember me, I am/was episodic, usually getting hit in early fall for about 8 to 10 weeks before they finally faded into memory. When I was getting hit, the only thing that seemed to work was oxygen and cold air. I finally found a doctor who just listened to me and he gave me a very low dose (pediatric sized) of an SSRI. I started on Lexapro, but switched to citalopram a few years ago. Since going on them, I have not had a major hit (a few shadows here and there, but nothing compared to full blown head banging pain).
I'm writing this in an attempt to let you know that there is hope, there is a pain free life out there and that with persistence and a positive attitude - you can find what is going to work for you. I remember when I found this board, what a relief it was to find some people who knew what was happening to me, and could guide me with advice and encouragement. That was in 1991. My last episode was in 2001.
May you find peace and become pain free.
Domm

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Re: what's working for me
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 8:22am

Welcome back, and congratulations on your effective treatment. Just curious though. Citalopram is a serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Do you have any research indicating it is effective for chs? Not doubting your experience for a minute but am wondering how your doc arrived at the Dx and Rx. Blessings. lance

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!