Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new (Read 668 times)
stelios
CH.com Newbie

Thessaloniki, Greece
new
Oct 9th, 2012 at 1:02am

HI to everyone!
i suffer from ch 7 years now. i was undiagnosed for 5 years every doctor i go confused with migraine.i take a lots of painkillers and medicine,as everyone know nothing could help me.in my country ch is not very popular. two years ago at last i found what is my condition.my doctor suggest me oxygen and lithioum as a treatment.i do not take any of these. i choose to live with this demon. over the year i am from may until early of septemper pain free,the other 8 months i have almost every 2 days an attack wich lasts 1-1.30hr.when the pain hit the max intensity i cry for my left eye only and i walk around the house like crazy and then stops and everything comes to normal.Few times i thought to take out my eye or my teeth.
I want only to tell this because i never find someone who can understand me.i found this forum very helpful.
i would do anything to stop this!! I feel very good to share it with some people who can understand me.
(Sorry for my bad english)
Thanks a lot!!
Greetings from Greece!

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: new
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 2:35am

Greetings to you from Australia, Stelios, where your countrymen have forged a fine and glorious history and welcome to ch.com where no-one has to explain their pain. We really do understand.

Good that you already have oxygen but it's really important it be used correctly for best effect. Up on the top left of your screen is a button marked 'oxygen info'. Have a look through that then ask all the questions you like because the good folk here will tell you it can be an absolute godsend.

Also consider energy drinks like Red Bull. Gulped down at the first hint of a hit they can help a lot (something to do with the caffiene/taurine mix).

Great to have you aboard and no need to apologise about your English. Truth is, it's better than mine.

Cheers from down under,

B.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 11:39am

Sorry to hear you're  getting creamed.  Cry I think you should re-consider the medications offered to you. I use lithium as my prevent when I am on cycle, it blocks 60-70% of my attacks.

Oxygen. An absolutely golden abortive. Imagine feeling that tingle and tightness starting in your neck and head, instead of enfuring a 2 hour attack, you fire off the oxygen and 6-8 minutes later you're pain free. It really works that well.

Go to the medications section of this board and read the post 123 pain free days and i think I know why." It's a simple over the counter vitamin/mineral routine that's providing a lot of relief for people who try it. It's worth a shot.

Hang in there, we do understand.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

ttnolan
CH.com Veteran

beats me

Scotts Valley, CA
Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 8:20pm

Yes, reconsider the oxygen. I know all about not wanting to take medicines... but oxygen is not a "drug"... it is, fast, effective, and has no side effects. It will change your life.

IP Logged

stelios
CH.com Newbie

Thessaloniki, Greece
Reply #4 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 5:01pm

Thank you everyone for your advices!
Yesterday i drank 2 redbulls 500ml but nothing happen.i have a ch for 2.30hr the first 1hr the ache was very very strong.
Today i had again a ch i drink again a red bull but with sugar free,it last only for 40 minutes and the ache was not so bad.
I will speak with my doctor in the next days to talk about the D3 vitamin.
Thanks again everyone for your advices and your interest!!

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #5 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 8:05am

Needless suffering...go for the O2, and reconsider the lithium. Unless you have a moral reason to pursue pain? blessings. lance

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!