Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
what is finally working for me =) (Read 1363 times)
lydia nichole
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Manassas, Virginia
what is finally working for me =)
Oct 8th, 2012 at 10:50am

okay as some of you know it has been a very ruff road for me (im Chronic), I have tried all main stream preventatives:
Verapamil (horrible upset stomach)
Lithium (worse headaches)
Topamax (wieght loss concern and more headaches
also
Cymbalta (worsening mood)
Neurontin (no diffrence)

Abortive Medications:
Triptains pill and injectable (anxiety, nausea, vomiting)
DHE Nasal Spray (worsening headache)
DHE Injection (anxiety, nausea, vomiting)
Toradol injections (nothing no relief)

so what is working for me is Lidocain 2% nasal spray as long as i take it when i first feel the pain coming. and then i sit with my Oxygen 15LPM Non-Rebreather mask for 15 mins and that normally does the trick. if it doesn't i will take a xanax for the anxiety and 1 2mg dilaudid<-- i no alot dont like that but im going from over 30 CH a month to less 10 and i only take the diaudid or Xanax if the pain is over 7 and i cant get it to go away with the oxygen and lidocain alone and the mix helps me so much. just wanted to let everone know im so happy to finally feel in control ! im on no preventatives anymore as well. im waiting to be seen at georgetown my neuro has recommended me there.

Only the strong survive!!!

IP Logged

niavas
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

South Dakota
Re: what is finally working for me =)
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 11:39am

I'm glad you found something that helps.  Smiley

There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.”
---Albert Einstien

IP Logged

Jrcox
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

FARMINGTON, MN
Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 8:26pm

Awesome. I am going to try another round. Start over with my neorologist. As for now, just coffee and O2

Jrcox jasonandmason jasonandmason@me.com jasonandmason  
IP Logged

lydia nichole
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Manassas, Virginia
Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 12:02pm

i kind of feel like all the preventive medications where causing all day shadows to become worse and all the side effect where just not worth it. I'm feeling so much better i no the headache is still there. but now i can control it. the xanax is actually a life saver because when i feel an attack coming i naturally and i'm sure a lot of other start to panic. but how can you not when you feel like someone is stabbing you in your eye with a hot knife! but i think that causes the headache to get worse. so the anti anxiety is great for me. I totally think Lidocain Nasal Spray (not the gel that you put on a q-tip) is amazing for shadows ! plus no side effects ! and i can actually fill the benefits from the oxygen because before i swear it was not working for me. Still not very effective with my kip 8 and higher that's when i have to use the diaudid which is very very rare. im hoping you find a great neurologist and lots of PF days.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #4 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 8:25am

I'm so very pleased for you Lydia. Congratulations, and may you have many, many pain free days and nights. blessings. lance

IP Logged

lydia nichole
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Manassas, Virginia
Reply #5 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 2:53pm

Still staying in control of the pain. Smiley thank you all.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!