Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone else tried mushroom blends? (Read 822 times)
CarolL
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Iowa
Anyone else tried mushroom blends?
Oct 6th, 2012 at 9:09pm

My husband found a product called Host Defense, a blend of 17 mushrooms that helped a little with my last CH 5 years ago, hard to start in the middle of cycle.  They've repackaged it and now called Host Defense, My Community, so took me a bit to find again once shadowing and mild ch hit.  Started taking 4 capsules 3 times a day and the first night back on it, Headaches hit 10+ but did'nt last long, like 45 minutes instead of  hours.  Down to 2 capsules, twice a day and my eye is clearing up and reading does not hurt, biggie for me, and other than some mild shadowing when I ate hot dogs and chips, I'm feeling pretty good.  Don't know what to make of it, but gonna track for next couple months.  Cycle started early this year so see if still working come December.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Anyone else tried mushroom blends?
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 10:05pm

that'sa a new one to me. Have you visited our sister board, clusterbusters.com? They explore a lot more of the "alternative" therapies.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

CarolL
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Iowa
Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 6:56pm

Yeah, that was gonna be my last resort if the CH's ever came back...but last time I'd checked, it was taboo to discuss...so Clusterbusters was a pleasant surprise.  Loaded up on my D3 today, had quit taking it awhile back...did'nt recall it being used for this years ago.  You all have come up with some much better ways to exist!  Nasty shadowing today, so limiting reading time, gotta be able to drive and work tomorrow.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 7:38pm

It's a little hard to argue with the success rate over at clusterbusters. We still keep the boards separate out of consideration for those whose careers would not be well served by exposure to our "alternatives!" Wink

Go the the posting "123 pain free days and I think I know why" for full details on the D-3 regimen.

JOe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!