Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Niacin (Read 538 times)
Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Niacin
Sep 30th, 2012 at 1:12pm

Hey Guy's
I realize this is a bit unorthodox but this was what I took 200mg of niacin along with handfuls of excedrin (I rarely took them together) for 18 years when I was a kid as my only way to stop my CH's and I would wait for the "flush" from the niacin and about 20 or 30 % of the time it would actually would stop a CH if I could take it in time, like instantly at the onset of a CH. Ha you guys ever heard of the use of niacin and if so what happened to the use of it?

Gaining knowledge and obtaining an education about cluster headaches is the key to success to shutting down the beast. The Vitamin D3 Anti inflammatory Regimen is one of the best treatments ever!
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Re: Niacin
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 4:43pm

I am familiar with Niacin and the flush!  However, am not familiar with Niacin as it may/not relate to CH's.  You might consider sending off a PM to our vitamin expert-Batch on this subject...or ask the question on the "123" thread.

Continued use of Excedrin (or any OTC med) as i'm sure you've found out by now can be a medical nightmare for anybody, and especially ineffective for CH's.

Good luck Wink

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!