Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm Back, They're Back after 14 years (Read 822 times)
Eric in Central NY
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

I'm Back, They're Back after 14 years
Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:26am

I'm 10 days into this hell.  I haven't had these things since 1998.   Angry

I've got the big O2 tank by the bed and the little one goes with me everywhere in my truck.  I've had pretty good luck with the O2, it'll take them out in 30 minutes if I catch them in time.  If not it's hell for at least two hours.  no amount of painkillers help.

This time around seems to be the worst ever.  Either that or my memory is going bad.  I had 5 in one day this past monday which is a record.  I woke up with one so bad this morning that the outside of my head hurts.  It's very sensitive to touch.  the right side of my brain feels like jello with about 50 psi applied to it.  and that's all 4 hours after I got rid of the headache.

Anyways,
Hi All, It's great to be back Roll Eyes

I couldn't get my OLD old login to work so I had to make a new one.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: I'm Back, They're Back after 14 years
Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 5:06pm

Welcome back Eric, sorry beasty found you again. Check out one of our more recent discoveries  called "The Batch Regimen" Go to the medications section and check out the thread "123 pain free days and I think I know why" A simple vitamin/mineral/anti inflammatory regimen that's healthy for you even without CH, and is helping lessen and even stop a lot of peoples cycles. pennies a day, good for you, worth a shot.

Have you visited clusterbusters.com yet? alternative treatments that are kicking some serious beasty butt....

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Eric in Central NY
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 6:29pm

Guiseppi wrote on Sep 27th, 2012 at 5:06pm:
Welcome back Eric, sorry beasty found you again. Check out one of our more recent discoveries  called "The Batch Regimen" Go to the medications section and check out the thread "123 pain free days and I think I know why" A simple vitamin/mineral/anti inflammatory regimen that's healthy for you even without CH, and is helping lessen and even stop a lot of peoples cycles. pennies a day, good for you, worth a shot.

Have you visited clusterbusters.com yet? alternative treatments that are kicking some serious beasty butt....

Joe

Thanks Joe,

I started the D3, Fish Oil overdose yesterday when I read that thread.  My fingers are crossed.

No more tripping for me man.  I did too much of that back in the Grateful Dead concert days.  I used it recreationally back then, but at one music festival, some a**hole dropped a bunch in my bottle of wine.  No more after that nightmare experience.  Imagine coming home to a house you don't quite recognize.  Shocked  Ever since then, even low doses get really bad, fast.

I've always had good luck with O2 and it works well enough if I catch them in time.

« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2012 at 6:33pm by Eric in Central NY »  

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #3 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 10:45pm

30 min to abort with O2 tells me you may not have the best mask and/or regulator. A non-rebreather mask with a bag on it and no open holes on the side with a regulator that goes to at least 15LPM. No nasal canula's.

In case you haven't already read it, I've posted our "oxygen info". I highly recommend you purchase the O2pti mask available here at the CH.com store. Made just for CH.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

ttnolan
CH.com Veteran

beats me

Scotts Valley, CA
Reply #4 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:24pm

I also am wondering about the 30 minute abort time. I am able to get relief in 5-10 minutes... again look into the optimask and flow rates of 25lpm are usual for clusters, especially when trying to keep up with the initial hyperventilation caused by the pain. Others here also use breathing techniques, like intentional hyperventilation, making sure to empty the lungs completely and breathe deeply. With these simple changes people have been able to significantly reduce their abort times. Check out the oxygen info link.

IP Logged

Eric in Central NY
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 11:53am

30 minutes is probably the worst case scenereo for aborting.  If I can get to the O2 the second that I feel one starting, I can kill it in about 5-10 minutes as well.

Thanks for all of the info.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!