Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Laser Pens (Read 1745 times)
emmettk90
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Northern Ireland
Laser Pens
Sep 24th, 2012 at 2:00am

There a bunch of teenagers shining a green laser pen into houses around my area for the last week or so. I have noticed that when this happens I suffer a CH, and was wondering if anyone has heard of this or if it is just coincedence.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Laser Pens
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 10:36am

I haven't experienced that and haven't seen anyone post of that, but bright sunlight seems to be a common trigger for those in cycle so it doesn't suprise me that something like that could trigger an attack.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

AppleNutClusters
CH.com Old Timer

2012, Year of the Honey
Badger

Richmond, Virgina, USA
Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 4:23am

I would agree, bright lights, flashes of light, certain patterns of light--these all are known triggers for migraine. So not surprising that they could trigger CH as well (and epilepsy in more susceptible people for that matter).

jgroulx@mac.com  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #3 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 5:40am

There's a distinct light pattern has triggered individual hits for me even when  out of cycle, so no reason the laser pens aren't doing something similar for you.

This also gives credence to calls for selective euthenasia.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

emmettk90
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Northern Ireland
Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 2:57pm

Sorry for the late reply but I have been bad the last few days with CH. I just want to you all for replying to me with such useful info.

IP Logged

japanzaman
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Fukuoka, JAPAN
Reply #5 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 9:14am

Different people tend to have different triggers, but for the most part all that information is anecdotal. Alcohol is probably the most recognized trigger for cluster, but there are other common threads like heat, light, etc that migraine sufferers also complain about that cluster sufferers report.

I personally feel open to attacks when I get hungry and when I'm around cigarette smoke. 
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2012 at 9:15am by japanzaman »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!