Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello Everyone (Read 636 times)
dwc
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Illinois
Hello Everyone
Sep 23rd, 2012 at 5:14pm

I'm going to be 48yrs old in October 2012 and was diagnosed with (rare) Bilateral Clusters. I spent 10 days in Chicago at Diamond Headache Center getting aggressive treatment earlier this year. It did help some, but I still get headaches, memory loss, and I find it hard to remember words sometimes.

I'm married with 2 beautiful daughters, both in college. They have all been very supportive of my condition. I have a very high tolerance for pain so I can usually hide a lot of it from them.

My wife can usually tell if I'm hurting so I try really hard not to show it.

I used to drive a cement truck for a living, and after 24 yrs. I finally own my own business and work for myself. I own an onsite computer repair business and I have 1 employee at this time.

What I find most aggravating is the loss for words when I'm speaking to a customer on the phone.

I take 480mg of Verapamil daily which does seem to help. I have noticed lately I mostly have pressure in my eyes and I get dizzy a lot.

I'm glad there is a place to go where people can understand how you feel.

Thanks! Wink

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: Hello Everyone
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2012 at 8:57pm

I noticed that you have posted in two sections. It would be helpful, if you plan to stick around, to keep all our posts in one section--the medication, treatments, etc.--being the most logical.

All your experiences are related and it's impossible to trace your different messages and see the links between them.
=======
Hope you are continuing to see a headache doc. It's possible that your Verap. dose has dropped you BP to the point of a bit of menal confusion. Need to explore the situation, in any case.

If it's not the Verap dose, ask about increeasing the dose. You're on the low side for consistent relief.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2012 at 9:19pm

Welcome to the board, you didn't mention oxygen. Do you have home oxygen as an abortive? I'ma  52 year old, 35 year sufferer and nothing has ever compared with 02 for fast, consistent relief. Check out this link:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #3 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 11:24am

Yes, welcome, and while I echo what Joe and Bob said, I am concerned about your complaint that you find yourself at a loss for words at times. While I suppose this could be the result of mental confusion due to low BP, this is the first time I've heard it related to verapamil. Topamax, yes; verapamil, no. A "loss for words" sounds to me potentially serious and I would suggest strongly you talk to your neuro about it. It may or may not be related to CHs. Also, while you're at it, get you some O2. It's the best abortive! blessings. lance

IP Logged

dwc
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Illinois
Reply #4 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 3:45pm

I responded on another section because I saw someone asking about bilateral clusters.

I don't think its the Verapamil causing my dizziness, I check my BP and its usually 120/80.

My Doctor says it can be a symptom of CH. I'm tired a lot and running the business along with CH really wears me down sometimes.

I did try O2 but wasn't very successful since the machine only went to 10 and I need around 15.

I will check in often since I found this board.

Thanks, Doug

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #5 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 6:49pm

I will check in often since I found this board.

Thanks, Doug

Smart move, with CH, knowledge is your best ally. The more you know about treatment options, the better your odds of finding the magical combo that slays your beast. Wishing you speed and luck in that endeavor!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!