Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Traveling across the country- O2 on the go? (Read 829 times)
CaitieV
CH.com Newbie

Washington, DC
Traveling across the country- O2 on the go?
Sep 19th, 2012 at 11:05am

HI everyone,

Next Thursday I'll be flying from DC to Portland, OR for a friend's wedding for 4 days. I just started my cycle, nothing too bad so far. However, partially as common sense, and partially for my own peace of mind, I'd like to be able to have access to O2 in my hotel room and not just rely on emergency care at the hospital. I saw before that some of you have signed up with a national carrier and gotten oxygen as you travel that way. Are these carriers okay with only using their supplies for 4 days? What's the best way to go about doing this?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2012 at 11:06am by CaitieV »  

IP Logged

ttnolan
CH.com Veteran

beats me

Scotts Valley, CA
Re: Traveling across the country- O2 on the go?
Reply #1 - Sep 19th, 2012 at 10:18pm

I use Apria for O2 and they have a travel service (others do as well), where they fax your info to the nearest store to where you are going, and you pick up when you get there... or I believe they will deliver to hotel and have it waiting for you.
Also, I don't know about cheap motels, but when I traveled for business, staying in better Hotels, I would just call the Hotel and advise them I would need O2. They are used to people that need O2, and usually have a few E tanks around anyway for emergencies.
Then, just pack your regulator and mask in your bag and have fun.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Traveling across the country- O2 on the go?
Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 10:38am

I use Apria and hadn't heard about this travel option until the convention in Vegas this weekend. Several people use it when they travel and say it's just as advertised. The 02 gets delievered to your hotel, you bring your own mask and regulator! With COPD and the likes hotels are used to green tanks and concentrators floating around.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!