Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Reglan (Read 768 times)
niavas
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

South Dakota
Reglan
Sep 17th, 2012 at 2:23am

Had to go to the ER last week because abortive's did not get me lower than a K7. They injected me with an anti-inflammatory and it did no good, then they gave me a shot of Reglan and with in 20 min's I was down to a K2 and stayed that way. Anyone ever use Reglan or heard anything about it?  I had never heard of it's use for headaches before then, and am curious how a drug designed for stomach issues helps with neurological pain.  Ahhhh the wonders of the human body and pharmaceuticals! Roll Eyes

There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.”
---Albert Einstien

IP Logged

ttnolan
CH.com Veteran

beats me

Scotts Valley, CA
Re: Reglan
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2012 at 8:37pm

Don't know where they came up with that one. Looks like it can be pretty nasty if used a lot.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2012 at 8:55pm

Reglan is used to prevent nausea when giving other IV drugs.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #3 - Sep 19th, 2012 at 8:21am

niavas wrote on Sep 17th, 2012 at 2:23am:
Had to go to the ER last week because abortive's did not get me lower than a K7. They injected me with an anti-inflammatory and it did no good, then they gave me a shot of Reglan and with in 20 min's I was down to a K2 and stayed that way.

Unusual choice.  On the other hand, it looks like quite a bit of time had passed from when you started with abortives, saw it wasn't working, gone to the ER, tried an anti-inflammatory, saw its results, was given the Reglan, and another 20 minutes.  Hard to say if it was effective or if the hit was subsiding and the Reglan's effect presented itself on the hit's diminishing side.
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2012 at 8:24am by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #4 - Sep 19th, 2012 at 11:39pm

I was in an inpatient headache program and was given Reglan as an anti-nausea, before DHE IV. Can't say it was any help to my CH. I hope it is helping you.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!