Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
o2 helps after i stop it? (Read 853 times)
sagandra
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Tampere, Finland
o2 helps after i stop it?
Sep 15th, 2012 at 10:45pm

I have had a couple of times when i go to o2 and start taking it as the hit has started but not gone to very high kips. After 5 minutes i notice that the attack is not proceeding and is not vanishing either. This must be something like kip 3 or 4. So i continue o2 and after 10 minutes its still not gone. Then i lie down on the bed and decide that i will go back on o2 if it gets worse.  Usually at this point it takes 5-10 minutes and the pain goes away. The question mark is, why does the pain usually go away 5 minutes after 02? I try to stay on until uŽntil its gone but it just does not seem to go before i have waited 5 mins after 02. Does this happen to anyone of you? Sorry not writing so clearly, had a crap night.

xx,
Kristina

IP Logged

ttnolan
CH.com Veteran

beats me

Scotts Valley, CA
Re: o2 helps after i stop it?
Reply #1 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 3:16pm

Rarely, but once in a while I get an attack O2 won't touch. More often, but still rare, I get what you describe... O2 knocks it down but won't kill it. When I feel I am getting no further with the O2 I will get up and walk around for a few minutes, then when I go back to the O2 it works completely. As far as them going away while I am taking the break from O2? Never had that happen. I figure it could just be the hit ending normally for you... mine usually last longer than most. But again, everybody is different. There are no set rules with CH.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 3:24pm

At times like this try also having a Red Bull, it seems to work in concert with the oxygen.

IP Logged

fun2drum
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Marion NC
Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2012 at 11:51am

Keep in mind I have very limited experience with o2 but I have had similar results at times.  I normally have attacks that last hours if untreated.  With o2, there is a noticeable pain reduction over about 5 minutes, most occurring in the last minute or two.  After that it seems to reach a plateau around level 2 or 3 that doesn't improve.  I come off the o2 and in about 10 minutes the pain is completely gone.  I've gone 12 minutes on o2 with the same results.  If the pain isn't gone by 5 minutes I'm better off stopping and within 10 minutes it's all good.  I've tested this at 15, 20, and 25 lpm.  I may order the o2ptimask and see if that makes a difference since I now have two tanks (one for travel) and could use a second one.

Gary
A drummer with a headache.
Western NC - USA

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #4 - Sep 19th, 2012 at 8:40am

ttnolan wrote on Sep 16th, 2012 at 3:16pm:
O2 knocks it down but won't kill it. When I feel I am getting no further with the O2 I will get up and walk around for a few minutes, then when I go back to the O2 it works completely.

Walking around has helped me too at times on those tough to kill hits using oxygen.

IP Logged

CaitieV
CH.com Newbie

Washington, DC
Reply #5 - Sep 19th, 2012 at 10:37am

This is actually almost exactly my experience-- o2 works almost as a preventative for me. I'll see one coming on at night, and then get on o2, and it almost vanquishes it completely, I come off, and then maybe 5 minutes later it's gone.

Out of curiosity, what are your triggers?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!