Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What's (finally) working for me... (Read 1268 times)
Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

x0|New York|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
What's (finally) working for me...
Sep 12th, 2012 at 1:06pm

480mg verap (240 am/pm)
100mg Zonagran (all pm)
Prior to this I was on a pred taper down from 80mg and I did one week of Migranal spray, 1 spray in each nostril every 8 hours) --
It's been a few days now, HA free-- usually once the pred taper hits 30mg or 40mg they would come back.
Joshua

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: What's (finally) working for me...
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2012 at 1:13pm

Glad to hear something's working.

Question for you. Migranal is considered to be an abortive, used when needed to abort an attack. Why would you take it every 8 hours?

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2012 at 5:40pm

Neuro said it was a long shot but to try using dhe on that schedule for one week with caveats about mixing with triptans. It has been known to provide extended >24hr relief and she said might help break or calm cycle.   Before I even started zonagran I noticed when I used migranal I got 24 to 36 hours of relief from one dose after aborting.  It is unconventional to be sure and she said same...but the whole package seemed to work.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 8:33am

My experience with Migranal has been the same as yours, but not the use of Migranal as a preventative. I would get 24-36 hours of relief, too, after one dose, leaving a second dose for future use. Seems to me the cost of using it as a preventative would be prohibitive, too. My scrip comes with 8 bottles breaking down to 16 doses/month. I also found continued use daily (when I was in Germany and sans O2) it's effect diminished then disappeared. Worst days of my life. Glad it's working for you, though. God bless. lance

IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 2:26pm

Agreed, I think that's why she said only try for a week.  Still HA free-- 5 days on.  Feeling good.  Feel sometimes like one is coming, but it never does.

IP Logged

japanzaman
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Fukuoka, JAPAN
Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2012 at 2:52am

Always a good feeling when you start to feel like you might be able to live a normal life again. Smiley

IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #6 - Sep 15th, 2012 at 7:52pm

Totally agree.  It's amazing how fast life can "go back to normal" -- after the craziness of trying to stabilize.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!