Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MRI/ Carotid Artery Testing (Read 1273 times)
lydia nichole
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Manassas, Virginia
MRI/ Carotid Artery Testing
Sep 10th, 2012 at 9:57am

So due to me starting to have sever vision problems (new as of 3 months ago, went to eye doctor, everything is A ok) and my headaches frequency seeming to not improve no matter what. My doctor ordered me to get a MRI with Contrast and Carotid Artery Testing of my neck? he thinks the Carotid Artery Testing should come back normal as i am only 24 not over weight and smoke nowhere near a pack of ciggs a day. I am still scared. has anyone else had both of these test done or had vision problems come with clusters. not like migraine vision problems, i have these problems even when no Headache worst is wen i wake up (which i do typically have a CH) it is pulsating black splotchess in both eyes and i can hardly see and it goes on for about 10 mins. I also get "lights moving" in my Peripheral vision

Only the strong survive!!!

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Re: MRI/ Carotid Artery Testing
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2012 at 11:52am

Lydia, I did have the test done but not for the reasons you list. I was afraid the cellular walls were weakening because of the high BP spikes when I was being attacked. Don't know about the eye thingie. blessings. lance

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2012 at 1:38pm

I've had it checked several times.  Not a problem, and only rarely is there an issue found.  IT is a good procedure to be certain there is not something more lethal going on than CH.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2012 at 1:45pm

Maybe this?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #4 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 6:18pm

One of the possible side effects of Topamax (Topirimate) is "vision problems". Headaches behind the eye is on the list. Hmmm? Good Luck.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Mike Bernardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Chesterfield, NJ
Reply #5 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 7:49am

I've had it done. I also had pain in the neck area, feltlike a pulsating, probably from the intense pain I'm always in. Everything was normal. Just supports the CH diagnosis. Seems the Ch, as it gets worse, causes the pain the spread further and further. So the CH is in it's "home base", which is on the right side for me, but then starts to radiate as the pain intensifies, towards the other side of my head, down my face, into my jaw and neck, etc. When it used to get really bad, I can feel it in my shoulder, etc. and caused a seizure type feeling or tremor. Keep in mind, it's all part of of your brain which affects everything in your body, and we still don't understand how your brain truly works.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!