Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Guy Needs Help With Going Drug Free (Read 1729 times)
SquareHaedJim
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

New Guy Needs Help With Going Drug Free
Aug 31st, 2012 at 4:58pm

I'm getting ready to go into a cycle and I'm thinking about going drug free, which does not include O2 and Alieve. I want to stay off the verap and triptipans in an effort to decrease the length of the cycle. I'm 45 years of age and I cycle every 2 to 3 years and I get hit 3 to 4 times a day. When I was younger, say 15 to 20 years back and I didn't know that triptapans and O2 were available I just fought it with Asprin, and sometimes Vicodin and Marijuana and, the cycles seemed shorter with only a few pain level 10's mixed in (I also used alcohol during this period, now I don't drink). What I need to know is if there is anyone out there that can give me tips on a drug free cycle with the help of 02. I'll try most anything! My cycles last about 6 to 8 weeks now, with serous pain for about 4 weeks.  Smiley

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: New Guy Needs Help With Going Drug Free
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 7:17pm

Hey Jim,

See your doctor for a lab test for 25(OH)D...  It's a metabolite of vitamin D3 thats used to measure its status.

The normal reference range is 30 to 100 ng/mL, (75 to 250 nmol/L).  If your labs come back less than 30 ng/mL this vitamin D3 deficiency may be contributing to your CH cycles...

Give the anti-inflammatory regimen with 10,000 IU/day of vitamin D3 a try...

The complete list of supplements in this regimen, dosing, dosing strategy, interactions and contraindications are at the following link:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The basic regimen costs $35 or 20 cents a day for five months if you buy it at Costco...

Discuss this regimen with your doctor when you go in for the 25(OH)D lab test.

Take care and let us know how you proceed.

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2012 at 8:08pm by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #2 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 10:23pm

Batch speaks the truth. The D3 regimen has been a life-saver for me.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

AubanBird
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

everywhere...
Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2012 at 5:01am

the D3 regimine is a great way to start.

something else that helps is increasing your cardiovascular fitness, lung capacity and such.  when you are in really good shape, your heart rate increases with every time you inhale and decreases everytime you exhale, which works to increase VO2 max.  it helps to have efficient lungs and heart when you are hitting the O2.
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2012 at 5:02am by AubanBird »  

IP Logged

ttnolan
CH.com Veteran

beats me

Scotts Valley, CA
Reply #4 - Sep 1st, 2012 at 9:47pm

May want to check clusterbusters.com for alternative treatments... many on that site are completely off all pharmaceuticals... and feeling much better for it.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #5 - Sep 2nd, 2012 at 12:19am

You are much more brave than me. All I can suggest is the Vitamin D3 treatment, get the best O2 setup you can, this invloves being prepared to buy your own regulator and mask. You most likely won't find a Doctor to prescribe 25LPM and the O2 suppliers don't have the best mask's.

Good Luck, Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #6 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 1:52am

I recommend the D3 regimen, clusterbusters, O2, and Kudzu in place of Verap.  (not necessarily in that order.)

Quite a number of people have gotten PF relief from busting, and the D3 regimen has been good for quite a few others, in particular episodics.  O2 you already know about.

A few years ago after going chronic (after going on pharmaceuticals and enduring all of the side effects) I also decided to go med free.  Nani had started a thread about using Kudzu as a preventative.  There are a couple of rather long threads in the archives if you will take the time to research it.  I know I went from 780 mg of Verap and 900 mg of Lithium to just a few Kudzu a day and I got better results and NO side effects, other than a little gas if I took it on an empty stomach.  The gas didn't bother me, but others complained. Embarrassed 

I have found nothing that works 100% for me, but the Kudzu was probably the best thing I used.  Unfortunately, I got off of it to try something else that others were having some success with and when I went back to it I got no help at all.  I have been thinking about giving it another go round along with the Vit D therapy. 

If you need further info on Kudzu PM me and I'll send you whatever info I can get my hands on.  (The best source for it that I found was Swanson's Vitamins. Superb service, and they will match anyone's prices, even sale prices.  I haven't found anyone else's prices to be cheaper at all except for specials.  I can't say enough good about the superb service either.  And no, I don't get a kickback or own stock in the company.   Grin)

All the best,
Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!