Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Got caught with my pants down! (Read 1224 times)
niavas
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

South Dakota
Got caught with my pants down!
Aug 26th, 2012 at 12:45am

Uggh, My cluster cycle shouldn't be starting until December and I'm having a random attack tonight WTF! I have no imitrex and my O2 is on E The pain is only a k5 or k6 so I can't see warranting an ER visit "God know I owe them an arm and a leg anyways." anybody got any tips or tricks for home remedy's for lessening the pain until the pharmacy opens in the morning? I'm on my 4th energy drink and have taken my 4th hot shower. "That helps for like 3 minuets, if that." Mark my words, this will not happen again!

Thanks Everyone! Angry

There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.”
---Albert Einstien

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Got caught with my pants down!
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2012 at 12:56am

I use an ice pack in a boiling hot shower, or vice versa.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

niavas
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

South Dakota
Reply #2 - Aug 26th, 2012 at 12:59am

Thanks! I'm gonna try it! Smiley

There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.”
---Albert Einstien

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #3 - Aug 26th, 2012 at 1:55am

4-way nasal spray, Excedrin Migraine, believe it or not, has been reported to help some folks.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

niavas
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

South Dakota
Reply #4 - Aug 26th, 2012 at 2:38am

Thank You! I'll have to grab some tomorrow with my Imitrex. I took a Tramadol for now, I know they don't help much with the pain but I'm hoping it makes me tired enough to knock me out. "Fingers crossed" Can't even get my O2 filled until Monday  Sad Hope it's not a long weekend.

---Albert Einstien

IP Logged

BlueDevil
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Australia
Reply #5 - Aug 26th, 2012 at 3:01am

High dose soluble aspirin may help. I find it effective for mild headaches, but not much benefit for stronger ones. There is research validity to its effectiveness in some migraine patients.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #6 - Aug 26th, 2012 at 3:01pm

Do yourself the best favor and avoid all narcotics and OTC meds, most will often create rebound attacks!

Here are some tips that come to mind....bag of frozen peas/ice pack/cold wash cloth applied to temple, neck and eye...drink a cold Redbull as fast as you can....head under kitchen faucet/shower with ice cold water...hyperventilate inches away from a household fan or car A/C on cold/high speed.

Hope these tips help Wink

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

x0|New York|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #7 - Aug 26th, 2012 at 4:51pm

Cold compress, dark room, room enough to pace around- energy drinks.  Muscle through.  Definitely been there between refills/insurance windows.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #8 - Aug 26th, 2012 at 7:01pm

Frozen peas are our friends.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

niavas
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

South Dakota
Reply #9 - Aug 26th, 2012 at 11:25pm

You guy's are all awesome! My pain level got up to an k8 last night but your tips and tricks made it some what bearable until I fell asleep finally about 4:00 A.M.
Got my injectables today "Aww the sweet snap of pain reduction!" and picked up a bottle of Excedrin "Which seems to of cleared up the shadow headaches I was having this morning. I'll have to test it again and see if it works again." And I get my O2 tomorrow "Yeah!" Cheesy Having a much better night tonight! Grin
I'm going to call the neuro tomorrow and see whats going on. Any of you have any experience of having a random attack months before your cycle starts? Huh
Thanks again everyone!

---Albert Einstien

IP Logged

Mike Bernardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Chesterfield, NJ
Reply #10 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:00pm

If you live in a safe area or have a treadmill, a good fast run does the trick for me. Even a spin bike. Gets the O2 flowing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!