Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Allergies and antihistamines (Read 721 times)
snookarosis
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

texas
Allergies and antihistamines
Aug 18th, 2012 at 12:53pm

Hey, anybody out there get awful allergy symptoms with their CH cycle? You know coughing sneezing, general stuffiness all the time? How do you feel about introducing antihistamines such as zyrtec or cingulair into the ol' regimen? Think they would exacerbate the CH? Thanks

IP Logged

ttnolan
CH.com Veteran

beats me

Scotts Valley, CA
Re: Allergies and antihistamines
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 4:37pm

I have found benadryl to be helpful, but I use it to supplement melatonin at night for sleep. I didn't start using it for stuffiness, but rather had heard there might be something going on chemically with histamines and CH. Someone else might have more on that.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 9:42am

Way back when, in the '80s, when I started having CHs I thought they were caused by a sinus infection, or just Florida allergies. I took pseudaphed and it helped. Several of us here have advocated antihistamines as helpful, at least early on. I can see no reason why it would harm you either. Good luck with this, and God bless. lance

IP Logged

AppleNutClusters
CH.com Old Timer

2012, Year of the Honey
Badger

Richmond, Virgina, USA
Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 12:32pm

Lance, that was back when you could get Sudafed without your driver's license and a background check.  Roll Eyes But even with the hassle, I would agree it's worth trying as long as there are no other health problems that would preclude using Sudafed or an antihistamine like Benadryl. Why not?
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2012 at 12:32pm by AppleNutClusters »  
jgroulx@mac.com  
IP Logged

snookarosis
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

texas
Reply #4 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 1:05pm

started the uh, "non-ephedrine" sudafed and zyrtec. helps with the allergy symps, for sure...thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!