Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Portable O2 (Read 2742 times)
Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

x0|New York|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Portable O2
Aug 17th, 2012 at 11:32am

Ok.  I live in NYC.  I take the subway to work.  I carry a backpack/briefcase.  I don't have a car, and let's stay storing oxygen at the office is not an option.
Are there any "one hitters" or very small tanks I can just put in a backpack that would abort 2 - 3 attacks and then I could refill somewhere?  Does anyone else deal with this?  Would this be more of a welding type purchase?

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Portable O2
Reply #1 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 11:40am

"D"-sized tank. Medical grade. Fits in a larger backpack.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

JeremyP
CH.com Newbie

Push the envelope. Watch
it bend.

Pingree Grove, IL
Reply #2 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 11:44am

Hope you don't mind if I piggy back on your post. Maybe you have the same question. I'd love to have one at the office, do you have to get another rx for a portable tank or just ask the supplier?

Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness. - Charlie Chaplin "The Great Dictator"

IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #3 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 12:19pm

I thought I could just ask.  They're giving me a lot of bs about getting a new prescription Angry

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #4 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 1:54pm

JeremyP wrote on Aug 17th, 2012 at 11:44am:
Hope you don't mind if I piggy back on your post. Maybe you have the same question. I'd love to have one at the office, do you have to get another rx for a portable tank or just ask the supplier?

I never have......I just tell the supplier what size tanks I want.....mix and match.....

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 1:58pm

yeah..i'm gonna call them back.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #6 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 2:32pm

The prescription is for what's IN the bottle, not for the bottle itself.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #7 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 2:37pm

Yeah, i tried explaining it to them.  Gonna try again Monday.  Exhausted now :0

IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #8 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 7:40pm

Gotta love this..I call Apria, they tell me no problem, we'll give you 2 D-tanks.  I'm ecstatic.  Cheesy

I call back the next day to confirm delivery another person tells me - we can't do D tanks for cluster diagnosis.  I'm very sad.  Cry

The next day the driver calls to tell me "I have two D tanks for you, I'm on my way." -   I'm confused, but pleased.  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2012 at 7:41pm by Joshua »  

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #9 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 7:50pm

Quote:
we can't do D tanks for cluster diagnosis.

Horse hockey. Apria is my supplier, too. They give me whatever size I ask for.

IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #10 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 7:55pm

I always get a different answer depending on who I speak to.  It's so frustrating b/c in the end, I ultimately get what I want..but they make it so hard, at least for the supplier in my region.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #11 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 8:56pm

Get the name of the person that sees to it that you get what you need, then ask them for their direct number. Or an e-mail address.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #12 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 1:25am

I hope you're getting more than 2 D-tanks. They're quite small and are good for taking in the car but don't last very long. For at home use I recommend at least E-tanks or preferrably M's.

For travel I use an E-tank with a wheeled cart. Many prefer the D's, because they're smaller.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #13 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 1:39am

Try a mixture and work out which one(s) work best for you. You don't want one which is too small so it's always empty, equally too large as to not be portable enough.

For me, I've got D's at home and an A for taking to the office (it is pretty unobtrusive).

IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #14 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 6:25am

3 Ms
2 Ds
:} Grin

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #15 - Sep 1st, 2012 at 9:00am

Joshua, what's your usual abort time on O2? That should tell you quite nicely if a D tank will help. For me, I can go anywhere from 3 minutes to 15 minutes. And using an E tank at 25lpm gives me somewhere around 24 minutes, good for several quick aborts, or maybe two aborts. The D tank would probably be useless for me, but if you always abort quickly at lower flow rates, it should be OK. blessings. lance

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!