Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New type of feeling... (Read 1094 times)
Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

x0|New York|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
New type of feeling...
Aug 16th, 2012 at 7:46am

So..not shadows..but all day now, my head on the cluster side feels..and it's hard to find the right words.  Sore? The skin on my face and head feel as if it's slightly burned.  I wouldn't call it painful.  Just...there.  Is that what fibromyalgia feels like? Is it the trigiminal nerve just constantly inflamed from the cluster attacks? I'm sure i'm not explaining it right..but if it sounds familiar to anyone, gimme a shout.

IP Logged

lydia nichole
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Manassas, Virginia
Re: New type of feeling...
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 11:32am

i always feel this way ! are you chronic i am going on day 3 of no CH but prior this i was having 6 CH a day for probably around 5 months and before that average 3-4 an day and i constantly felt sore on my CH side but my CH side changes every 2-3 weeks from right to left. Weird right !

Only the strong survive!!!

IP Logged

Lenny
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Los Angeles,CA
Reply #2 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 11:42am

Joshua wrote on Aug 16th, 2012 at 7:46am:
So..not shadows..but all day now, my head on the cluster side feels..and it's hard to find the right words.  Sore? The skin on my face and head feel as if it's slightly burned.  I wouldn't call it painful.  Just...there.  Is that what fibromyalgia feels like? Is it the trigiminal nerve just constantly inflamed from the cluster attacks? I'm sure i'm not explaining it right..but if it sounds familiar to anyone, gimme a shout.

i do get that (on average,once a month) kinda feels as if someone burned your face and scalp with a torch (more on the scalp) on the cluster side...i cant remember what my doc called that (many years ago) but always leaves the following day.....Lenny

yes a newbie,unfortunately not to the beast!!!Chronic - Clusterhead

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 11:55am

yup...me too...especially after a particularly nasty round of hits. lance

IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 12:01pm

Thanks all.  Glad it's "normal" - lol.  I feel like I'm in a multi day waiting room, waiting for lithium/verap to kick in. 
Thinking about starting another course of prednisone just to hold me over- though I am loath to do that (and everyone that has to interact me would probably agree!)

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #5 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 4:26pm

Hey Joshua,

The burning sensation on your face and skin on the hit site is likely cutaneous allodynia...  another of the constellation of symptoms associated with the cluster headache syndrome.

What's the latest on your 25(OH)D serum concentration?

Take care,

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2012 at 4:27pm by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #6 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 9:36pm

Hey Batch-

thanks!  good to know.  I haven't had it tested since a few weeks ago, and it was I believe 128.  I have been taking 20,000 - 25,000 iu's a day since.... but still getting major hits, and have begun lithium.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #7 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 1:53am

Joshua,

You gotta do whatever you need to do to control the beast.  If your 25(OH)D is 128 ng/mL and not 128 nmol/L, there's bound to be another factor involved that's preventing this regimen from being effective in changing your CH patterns for the better... 

A trip to an endocrinologist might be a good idea..

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #8 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 6:32am

Yeah.  I've had my throid and some other levels checked, all normal, but only by my PCP.  Unfortunately, my available time to deal with this is going to go from much to none as I'm starting a new job Monday.  Will fin an endocrinologist this month I hope.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!