Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
It has been a long time since I've posted... (Read 382 times)
Stef
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Mont-Joli, Quebec
It has been a long time since I've posted...
Aug 8th, 2012 at 12:54am

Hi guys,

I've been diagnosed with CH about 10 years ago and tried different meds following doctor's advice... I was lucky enough to go for about 2 years without an attack but last year IT came back !  Cry With all I've read about CH for the last 10 years I've discuss possible treatment with my doctor and got prescribe prednisone in conjunction with verapamil as soon as the symptoms arrive and nasal spray Zomig to abort the attack when they come. Finally something worked in order to break the cycle but unfortunatly IT came back about 6 weeks ago, I've tried the same recipe and it worked but with lesser power than last year and I was pain free for about 2 weeks... Saddly IT came back last sunday with a vengeance, at least 2 attacks a day since then and it looks like the Zomig is not working as better than it was in the past...

I'm glad that this website is still on but would have been happier if the pain never came back!

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Re: It has been a long time since I've posted...
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 1:14am

There can be stronger cycles, or stronger portions of a cycle at times.  An adjustment of preventive med may help during a maximum state to decrease the breakthroughs.  This time it might be good to see if you can get oxygen, also.  It will supplement the Zomig well as an abortive. 

In any event, you should report to your doctor these recent difficulties to see if preventative adjustments will help for a while and ask about oxygen for an abortive aid, it's a great stand-by.  Energy drinks like Red Bull and Monster can lessen day hits in the meantime, the caffeine and taurine they contain add to a convenient abortive selection.

It could be that since your last visit here there are more helpful treatments working for others that may be chimed in for you to draw your attention.

Welcome back.    Smiley

IP Logged

Stef
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Mont-Joli, Quebec
Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 1:26am

Thanks for the reply Kevin,

I'm already a Redbull fan and it worked great 4-5 years ago but not as good  in recent times... I'll give the H20 a try in conjunction with 240mg of verapamil and the regular prednisone 80mg tapper recipe! As far as O2 goes since I'm a smoker no doctors want to prescribe it to me because of the fire risk related to it, which I find stupid... Do they really think I would smoke a cig with the O2 open?  Huh Man, sometines I feel like nobody wants to help! I had to go to the ER with my girlfriend for a problem she was having and I asked them if I was needing O2 because of an attack if I could go and get it and they told me no, even if my doctor told me I could get it!

It's good to see they're people that still care! Smiley

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #3 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 1:39am

240mg of verapamil can be undergunned.  A middling range of 360-480mg has helped many, even 640 for durations to catch cycles getting away unmanageable. 

It's possible that about 50% of those using oxygen here also smoke.  Reasonable caution like distance is all that's needed.  An oxygen set-up on your own can be put together in short time if need be, as many have done.  It's a suggestion, but just ask, we got some real pros here.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!