Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
does anybody (Read 1155 times)
Bonnie lee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

does anybody
Aug 7th, 2012 at 7:32pm

ever get numbness in there head and down the side of their face? started with that the other night. It was not on the normal effected side.
I am beginning to think there are other things going on with me besides the cluster headaches. have been getting the numbness in my head and some times localized pain in my head on the side just in one area.
Has anyone else had these problem?
I am taking topamax and have had the normal tingling in the hands and feet but havent had any numbness in my head, face or scalp from it.

IP Logged

lydia nichole
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Manassas, Virginia
Re: does anybody
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 12:02pm

I think you should probably go to the ER about that and get a MRI. better to be safe then sorry, I take Topamax to ( what horrible side effect, other then the weight lose ) and have never experienced numbness on my scalp or face. only the tingling of my hands and feet.

Only the strong survive!!!

IP Logged

Imitrex4Breakfast
CH.com Veteran

Kentuckiana
Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 8:59pm

I agree that you'd better get that checked out asap. Call your doc or go to an ER.

I4B

IP Logged

Bonnie lee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 9:32pm

going to the doc monday. will let you know what he says. still getting it off and on. it isnt constant.

IP Logged

Bonnie lee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Aug 14th, 2012 at 12:07pm

Went to the neurologist today and he thinks it's from the topamax.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #5 - Aug 14th, 2012 at 1:53pm

That's what I figured but always safer to have the doc confirm it. Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #6 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 4:06pm

Hey Cluster Head!!
I too take topimax and it is probably the topimax that is giving you the numbness. I have the same exact symtoms and it really started to be pronounced when they upped my dosage, it is one of the side affects, numbness around the lips, around the crown of your head and face also hands and arms legs and feet, you should talk to your doctor about it as he should know everything about your treatment and the things you experience.....Johnny Smiley  you should do this asap

« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2012 at 4:28pm by Clusterman59 »  

Gaining knowledge and obtaining an education about cluster headaches is the key to success to shutting down the beast. The Vitamin D3 Anti inflammatory Regimen is one of the best treatments ever!
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!