Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I dont understand (Read 1155 times)
Bonnie lee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

I dont understand
Aug 2nd, 2012 at 6:33pm

this new type of headache i am getting. This is the second time in the two years i have had the clusterheadaches that i have had this happen.
I get the normal symptoms. the stabbing pain behind my left eye!!!! But when i am perfectly still it stops!!! If i move it starts again!!!
Last night i had to lay perfectly still. i couldnt move at all. Not a muscle for about a good hour and a half. If i moved it felt like i was dying.
If i didnt move there was no pain at all.
Like i said this is the second time this has happened in two years. Any other time the headaches are normal clusterheadaches.

I dont understand it. I told the neurologist at john hopkins when it happened the first time and he didnt say anything just changed the subject. Going to the neurologist again on the 13th. Gonna tell him.

Its just so weird. Huh

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Re: I dont understand
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 10:33am

I don't know Bonnie Lee, it isn't something with which I am familiar. I know it's painful and worrisome, but I was reminded of the Marx brothers line: doctor, doctor, it hurts when I do this; then don't do that. So for now, take the relief by being still. Hopefully your neuro will be more helpful. God bless. lance

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 9:57pm

Same as lance...  I have never been able to sit still during a Cluster. And laying down was totally a big no no.

Please keep us posted.

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #3 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 11:46pm

For me when getting a hard attack, I stay as still as 'possible' and it helps me. Most folks cannot sit still.

I'm moved by what you describe. What meds are you taking? From what you are experiencing, seeing a good Doctor may be in order.

You will be gifted, if all you need to do is sit still for every attack. I'm going to try it.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #4 - Aug 4th, 2012 at 8:08am

Maybe some form of TN?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Bonnie lee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Aug 4th, 2012 at 12:13pm

I was just looking at trigeminal neuralgia Bob. I wonder if it is possible to have both the cluster headaches and that because it sure hurts to move at all!!!! The symptoms sure add up!!!!

IP Logged

Bonnie lee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Aug 4th, 2012 at 12:21pm

Sky hawk,
I am taking topamax 200mg daily and Veramipil 250mg daily, plus batches vitamin regimen. And a birth control pill. LOL Don't think you want to add that to your list of meds!!!!!
Oops forgot too add sumatriptan injections and nasal spray. Was using the oxygen with the no rebreather but it really didn't do anything for me. Sits here in my closet and collects dust mostly. Oops!!! And melatonin at night

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #7 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 8:57am

If you've addressed this before, I apologize, but is there a medical reason for the low doses? They don't approach therapeutic level for most CH sufferer's. And what was/is the max for your regulator? If that is also low (15lpm or less) you may not be giving yourself the most effective levels possible. I also believe O2 is not generally effective for TN, although I was diagnosed with that and CHs, and high flow O2 helped me with both. Prayin' for ya. blessings. lance

IP Logged

Bonnie lee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #8 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 12:22pm

I have no idea why I am on such low doses of meds. I never questioned the doctors. Never even thought I was supposed to be on more.
The oxygen I was on 20  lpm.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!