Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RANT- DIAMOND HEADACHE CLINIC ! (Read 2719 times)
Imitrex4Breakfast
CH.com Veteran

Kentuckiana
RANT- DIAMOND HEADACHE CLINIC !
Aug 1st, 2012 at 2:53am

I left a message for the Diamond Headache Clinic the other day seeking an appt with Dr. Merle Diamond. (She was my doctor years ago). They informed me that I owed $900 still (which I did not know about). I told her that I'd pay it 'right now' and they agreed to schedule me. I was scheduled for Aug 8th, 2012 at 9 am.  I was supposed to bring my insurance cards and the $900 I alledgely owed.
Then I get a phone call that I thought was just confirming my appt, but the lady was calling to cancel my appt. I asked why cancel and she said they are not allowed to schedule anyone an appt that owed money. I told her I'd pay the money over the phone with my VISA or with a check. She said she would accept payment but that I would still never be able to be seen there again. She said anyone late more than 30 days will no longer be seen by the clinic.

WTH ?? I told them I'd pay the cash !! I thought doctors took an oath to "HELP" people ?? This is NOT about helping anyone accept their bank accounts (which they lost on again because they wouldn't schedule me)

Diamond is 1 of only 2 places in the country that I can do Histamine at and now they won't see me either. WTF is wrong with these people ? They would rather me have unproven, invasive, brain surgery than to do Histamine infusions ?? That's insane !!

I reached out for help from them and they refused. If DBS kills me or makes me worse, or if I can't get any help at all and suicide 'just happens', you can bet your a$$ Diamond could've prevented it !!

That's all I got to say about that place ! (Except I hope they all rot in hell!)

I4B !

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: RANT- DIAMOND HEADACHE CLINIC !
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2012 at 12:52pm

The receptionist is the tape recorder of the organization.

Ask to speak to a manager level person and discuss the situation. NO TEMPER! Ask for workable options.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Imitrex4Breakfast
CH.com Veteran

Kentuckiana
Reply #2 - Aug 1st, 2012 at 9:33pm

I first left a message and the receptionists called me back to set up an appt. A day later I recieved a call from a "PA" there. I thought she was calling to confirm my appt but instead, she was calling to cancel it.  ....Once I'm 30 days late on a payment, I cannot see any doctors there anymore".

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #3 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 9:18am

My suggestion still holds: you're not talking with someone who has authority in administering their policy.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #4 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 3:45pm

What Bob said.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #5 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 1:50pm

We are far from 'fans' of Diamond Headache Clinic.  That is putting it mildly.
They had my husband on the miracle IV for 10 days.....unhooked him and sent us on our way with a $20,000.00 bill.  Less than 2 weeks later the CH was back.  Called for med. refills...they charged $200.00 each just for calling in refills.  They are all about the money.

I could go on about what we saw and heard but won't.

IMHO there are better treatments out there....places that care more, are more effective and cost one hell of a lot less. 

Check out ClusterBusters (button on the left)

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #6 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 10:03pm

OBAMACARE!!!!!!

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Imitrex4Breakfast
CH.com Veteran

Kentuckiana
Reply #7 - Aug 4th, 2012 at 7:14pm

Dr. Diamond called me and said she'd see me right away. My message did go to the top. Maybe I'll get an alternative to brain surgery after all. Thank goodness !

I4B !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!