Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Where can I find an o2ptimask? (Read 1189 times)
metoo
CH.com Junior

ann arbor mi usa
Where can I find an o2ptimask?
Jul 24th, 2012 at 11:09pm

Rats.  Can't seem to find any place to purchase more o2ptimask setups.  CH.com store only shows adult small.  Just injected after an unusually quick and violent onset.  O2 just simply of no help.  I often use this recovery time to look around. 

Can someone point me in the right direction?  Thanks,

TJ

#4 - Avoid annoying people who don't deserve it.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Where can I find an o2ptimask?
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2012 at 11:41pm

TJ,

Purchase the $27.50 O2PTIMASK™ kit from CH.com...  The adult small size face mask will work just fine.  In fact, the mouth tube that comes with this kit works even better and I find it's easier to breath straight from the green "T" manifold with no mask or mouthpiece.  Less residual CO2 from exhaled breath.

You also need an oxygen regulator capable of delivering a flow rate of at least 25 liters/minute for faster aborts.   I averaged around 40 liters/minute for the very fastest abort times using a 0-60 liter/minute Ingage™ regulator from Flotec Inc.

The following link will take you to the Flotec web site.  I suggest the CGA-540 version of this regulator with 0-60 liter/minute selectable flow rates and a single DISS fitting for a demand valve should you want one in the future.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The CGA-540 fitting works on the larger home oxygen cylinders (M/H/K) and you get the best bang for the buck with the larger cylinders.  You'll only get three aborts out of a 700 liter E-size oxygen cylinder.

Here's a photo of my home oxygen therapy kit with InGage™ 0-60 liter/minute regulator, O2PTIMASK™ kit and Carnét Oxygen Demand Valve.  Note there's no mask or mouthpiece attached to the O2PTIMASK™ green "T" manifold.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Tell the folks at Flotec you're a cluster headache sufferer and that Pete Batcheller sent you.  That won't get you a break on the price or me a kickback...  but it will tell them you're a hurt'n scooter and need one of these beauties real fast...

They build these regulators to order for around $190 and It usually takes 10 days from the time you confirm the order and give them your credit card nums...

If you're more adventuresome and want to go a less costly route for a high flow regulator, drop by your local Harbor Freight Tools store and pick up one of their welders oxygen regulators for $35... 

There's no flow rate selector on these regulators so you'll need to do some trial and error to figure out the best regulated pressure to use... but that only takes a few minutes to figure out...

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

metoo
CH.com Junior

ann arbor mi usa
Reply #2 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 6:09am

Thanks, Batch.  I've got one mask from CH.com - adult large.  Funny I didn't think about it, because I use the tube and not the mask anyway.  I guess you won't find it surprising that I don't think well in the throes.  I am fortunate to have been in contact with Skyhawk5.  We live near one another and have gotten together.  He helped get me off my 15LPM and over to a 25 setup.  He recommended higher also.  It's been working really well; last night just pounded me quickly.  I just wanted another mask setup to have something at my office. Good call - I'll just order the small one. 

OK, off to make the doughnuts.  Thanks again,

TJ

#4 - Avoid annoying people who don't deserve it.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #3 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 8:32pm

TJ,

Batch is our O2 master, he saved my life. Something I can add is my 540CGA reg also works on my standby welding tank. Not all regs do, the one I got from my medical O2 supplier does not.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!