Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New on here but not to Ch (Read 910 times)
Hoops
CH.com Newbie

New on here but not to Ch
Jul 20th, 2012 at 8:33am

this is my first day on any website like this so I hope I've posted this in the right place.
I've suffered for about 3 years now, I'm a 46 yr old fella from the UK, I've tried so many different things, most I can't even say never mind spell! Now about a month ago I spoke to and by accident an OT and he asked me if i was stressed, I'm not as far as I'm concerned but he said I don't need to be worried about things as this could be deeper. Long story short, it was suggested I try Kalms (relieves periods of worry, irritability, stresses and strains) says on the box. I've been on them 3 weeks and my headaches have reduced by at least 90%, not kidding, i know the pain i share with many of you and would try anything, I'm sceptical at best about most things. I would be very interested to hear from someone else who has tried these, they're herbal too! try em and let me know.
Hoops

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: New on here but not to Ch
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 8:49am

If your headaches are handled by this product I doubt that you have Cluster. The symptoms and intensity of Cluster pain requires some rather specialized treatments.

Suggest you contact your excellent support group and see if they can direct you to an experienced doc who can help your sort out the clinical picture.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Hoops
CH.com Newbie

Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 11:02am

I've read a few of your replies and I can tell you I have CH, always left side, eye, nose etc. My Doctor is no mug and has tried to help me over the last few years. Comes on in less than a minute and is unbelievable pain, goes almost as quick as they come. Doesn't really matter to me whether bods try my suggestion, if like me you're at a point that you'd try anything, try an OT and see what their opinion is.
Thanks for your input tho!!
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2012 at 11:03am by Hoops »  

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 11:54am

The brand name, "Kalms", isn't known in the U.S., as far as I know. Suspect this true for many other countries--keep mind that we have  world wide membership.

Would help if you would list the ingredients so that folks who are interested can find a local version.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #4 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 4:11pm

Bob Johnson wrote on Jul 20th, 2012 at 11:54am:
Would help if you would list the ingredients so that folks who are interested can find a local version.

From their website, Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register, their is no detail of the content other than it being a traditional natural herbal recipe.

There is additional details on the Boots website (a pharmacy store in the UK) - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register.

The active ingredients are listed as:
  • Hops powder BHP
  • Valerian
  • Gentian

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!