Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sumatripan Injector Surplus (Read 1942 times)
warnberh
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Long Island City|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Sumatripan Injector Surplus
Jul 14th, 2012 at 12:15pm

Hi everyone,

First of all, if the mods of this site won't allow me to do this, then I have to defer to them as I don't want to break any rules or put anyone in danger.

That said, my awesome HA doctor here in NY gave me a surplus of needle-less sumatripan injector samples that expire in August.

They are 6 mg, and instead of a needle it is quick blast of liquid nitrogen and you're done.  I had a beast last night that it aborted in under a minute.

I know some folks have trouble getting/conserving their doses, and I have so many here that I won't need them all for this cycle.  I could spare a few, if anyone is interested (and if this is not illegal or against the rules) then DM me and I can drop a few in the mail for you.

Or if you are in the NY area, we could meet up.  OK, thanks for reading and I wish you all luck in your battles.

IP Logged

TJMBeav
CH.com Junior

Longview, WA USA
Re: Sumatripan Injector Surplus
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 12:30pm

Can't tell you if the board will consider this unethical or not.  Me? I think it is very generous of you and applaud your effort.  It pains me to read how many people have trouble obtaining or affording what I find to be my life saver.

Anyway - I hope someone benefits from your generousity.

Go Beavs

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 1:18pm

Indeed a generous offer but be aware that the expiration date is not somthing you have to obey rigidly.

If the med has been stored at normal room temp, you can safely use it for another year. The worst outcome is that a med may be less potent when old but not dangerous unless contaminated, e.g., a pill exposed to some dirt, bacteria.

Feds require a quite conservative date and I've had a manufacturing exec tell me that they often can't predict what an authentic date should be.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 7:37pm

It's actually illegal Wink Wink Wink...but happens a lot around here. usually the post looks something like:

Hey someone left their imitrex at my house after the last get together, 4 injectors, let me know who left it and I'll mail it to you!

Be careful doing this, I can't ever see anyone bothering to pursue someone for violating prescription laws with a non-narcotic substance but they could.

There...that's your beat down from a moderator! Grin

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

metoo
CH.com Junior

ann arbor mi usa
Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2012 at 9:01am

Hey, Warnberh,

This community of CH sufferers has renewed my faith (a little) in humanity.  The kindnesses shown are inspirational. 

I, too, have received a couple of pneumatic injectors, but have been 'saving' them for an emergency.  Isn't that a hoot?  Never had more of an emergency than a K9+.  Anyway, I was reading something here on CH.com some time ago about splitting doses, and that has been a godsend (Godsend?) to me, since it seems that recently I've been unable to obtain 4mg doses, which always worked fine.  When I could only get 6mg doses, I really didn't want to use that extra 2 mg to get the same results.  When I told my pain doc, he gave me a handful of 1ml tuberculin hypodermics and that's how I now split doses.  If O2 doesn't work, and it usually does, I now find 2mg injections quite adequate...usually.  I tried once to find a way into the needle-less injectors but gave up, so...I'm saving them for an emergency.  Hah!

#4 - Avoid annoying people who don't deserve it.

IP Logged

warnberh
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - Jul 15th, 2012 at 6:10pm

Ok wow.  Thanks guys for weighing in on this.

So if you hear of anyone having a hard time, just refer them to me I'd be happy to drop some in the mail.  I'm not talking a truckload here, but definitely enough to slay a few dragons.

IP Logged

Clusterfeck
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Kansas City
Reply #6 - Jul 23rd, 2012 at 1:43pm

Generosity, kindness and inspirational are so understated.  These boards keep me from completely losing it.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #7 - Jul 24th, 2012 at 3:17pm

Guiseppi wrote on Jul 14th, 2012 at 7:37pm:
It's actually illegal Wink Wink Wink...but happens a lot around here. usually the post looks something like:

Hey someone left their imitrex at my house after the last get together, 4 injectors, let me know who left it and I'll mail it to you!

Grin Grin Thanks for the laugh, Joe! And yep, I think it's a great gesture to "return" someone's lost shooters. God bless. lance

IP Logged

AppleNutClusters
CH.com Old Timer

2012, Year of the Honey
Badger

Richmond, Virgina, USA
Reply #8 - Jul 24th, 2012 at 6:29pm

Same thing just happened to me, thanks for posting this. Had a cluster get-together at my house, and when everyone left there were still 6 boxes (12 doses) of sumatriptan SQ (4 mg) on my coffee table. If you were at my house and left yours, shoot me a private message. I can send it back!  Smiley

jgroulx@mac.com  
IP Logged

Brooke
CH.com Junior

:)

Reply #9 - Jul 29th, 2012 at 8:16pm

this made me laugh!! I will let you guys know if anyone leaves any of their meds at my next get together Smiley

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #10 - Jul 30th, 2012 at 6:20pm

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin I cannot begin to tell you how very, very many people have left stuff at my house, while they were visiting so I could return it to them. 

Linda Howell,  chair of  family services at O.U.C.H  til it disbanded recently.      Wink

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Mike Bernardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Chesterfield, NJ
Reply #11 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 10:23am

Very generous. I have about 16 shots left. I have about 4 that "expired" in May, but I'm still using them, and the rest "expire" by October. But I have to pay full price ($95 each). I have so many because when I hit my deductible last year, I kept refilling them each month and only paid $15 for 6 shots until my prescription ran out. we do what we have to do.

IP Logged

lisak
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #12 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 10:48am

HELP ME PLEASE!  I am a newbie to this site and its helpful to see that there are others out there who experience this.  Sorry that there are, but I am beginning to think I am the only one on this planet who goes through this awful pain.  I've had a cluster for 3 days now and NOTHING is helping......I've tried Tylenol, Advil, sinus meds, allergy meds, and I'm ready to cry, but don't want to in fear that it will make my pain worse.  What can I do?  Where can I get this oxygen that everyone is talking about?  Can I get it today?  Now?  please help anyone.........thank you!!  Lisa Cry

IP Logged

warnberh
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #13 - Aug 26th, 2012 at 8:47pm

Hey guys,

So glad I could get a few of these in the right hands.  As of now, I'm all tapped out so I won't be able to send out anymore.

PF days all around

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!