Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Why Unilateral? (Read 4354 times)
metoo
CH.com Junior

ann arbor mi usa
Re: Why Unilateral?
Reply #25 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 9:37pm

Thanks, librarygirl.  I've never considered whether other head maladies my be connected in some way.  It's written in the log.  Thanks again, and welcome to the site!
TJ

#4 - Avoid annoying people who don't deserve it.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #26 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 11:21pm

I've been belted bi-laterally a few times as a right-cycle is finishing with a left-cycle starting simultaneously.

Can't reccommend it as a hobby.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

metoo
CH.com Junior

ann arbor mi usa
Reply #27 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 4:08pm

AussieBrian wrote on Aug 6th, 2012 at 11:21pm:
I've been belted bi-laterally a few times as a right-cycle is finishing with a left-cycle starting simultaneously.

Can't reccommend it as a hobby.

Thanks, AB.  If I understand correctly, you've experienced more than one episode of bi-lateral CH, though it seems that the event was transitional.  Did you have the bilateral event for a day?  More?  You and librarygirl are the first to say that you've had bilateral buggers.  I'm trying to put some info together.  Thanks (much) for the help.

BTW, is that a 7-Up in your hand?  Nah, didn't think so. 

TJ

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #28 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 8:16pm

That's right, TJ. Individual hits, one each side, at the same time. Does unusual things to your sense of balance I can promise. Worstest was about three days as one cycle finished as another was cranking up and I ended up sea-sick on dry land.

Incidentally, I just googled 7-Up and you're right about being wrong.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

metoo
CH.com Junior

ann arbor mi usa
Reply #29 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 12:18am

OK, anyone else find it interesting that so few people that we trust have bilateral CHs?  Yeah, didn't think so.  I've been developing a paradigm that says that there are many ways the CH can be initiated; that there is essentially a 'bus route' that keeps circling with a great number of stops.  We keep trying to figure a way to get the bus off the circuitous route, but there are a number of 'spurs' that allow the bus to get on the route.  That's the real deal.  Once the bus is underway on the circle route, the only thing we can think about is derailing it.  Not a bad thing, but the best thing is to figure out what gets the damn bus started to begin with. Ah....there's the rub.  There are many things that seem to be identifiable as contributors or instigators. So, I am issuing this challenge, and it's because I have a hell of a lot more faith in you people than in the people I am told I should have faith in:

What do you feel absolutely confident in when it comes to defining this beast.  I mean, absolutely.  I believe we can come up with a list that will drive intellectual curiosity, that will take interest in CH to the next level.  I believe that we can create a number of statements that truly define what the CH experience is.  I encourage you to think critically about the single sentence that you will contribute.    I believe that we will end up with about 10-12 concise statements that will motivate and inspire a renewed interest in the study of CH.  I will attempt to start the dialogue, full in the knowledge that this will be a tough task. 

Here's my initial thought:

"there is a relationship between CH and blood flow to the brain". 

I fully anticipate improvements in the statement and in those to follow.  Please....don't be reluctant to contribute.  After all, if it is to be, it is up to us. 

Stay well, friends,

TJ

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!