Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new neurologist (Read 1139 times)
Bonnie lee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

new neurologist
Jul 11th, 2012 at 9:06pm

So i went to see the new neurologist here in Arizona. Nice man. Listened to what i had to say. Very knowledgable. I was very impressed. I did dare to say how i was feeling about the suicidal feelings i was having during my episodes. I have an appointment with a psychiatrist tommorrow. Neurologist said he has had 2 patients that have taken their lives one from trigeminal neuralgia and one from cluster headaches.
I am kind of upset. I have never had to see a psychiatrist before. But i think maybe i do need someone to talk too.
Doc upped my topamax and doesnt want me to fool around with the nasal spray any more. Just to go right for the injections. have too see him again next month.

IP Logged

AppleNutClusters
CH.com Old Timer

2012, Year of the Honey
Badger

Richmond, Virgina, USA
Re: new neurologist
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 9:14pm

First, my sympathies to you, Bonnie Lee.  I have recently had many thoughts that's it's time for me to get help from a psychiatrist.  This condition, combined with my chronic hearing problems, is just too big for me to handle alone.

You have my best wishes and continued interest.  I may be in the same boat.  Keep rowing!   Grin

jgroulx@mac.com  
IP Logged

Bonnie lee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 9:37pm

Thanks Applenutclusters! I never thought i would be at this point in my life. But i think its time. I only have these feelings when the headaches are happening. Otherwise my life is great!!.
I hope you go and see someone too. I will let you know how it goes tommorrow. You Keep Rowing too!!!! Let me know how it goes for you!!!

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #3 - Jul 12th, 2012 at 8:01am

Quote:
I am kind of upset. I have never had to see a psychiatrist before. But i think maybe i do need someone to talk too.

No shame, here. Sometimes we all need someone to talk to. (I know, split infinitive) Psychiatrist may be just the ticket. Perhaps a psychologist. Or even a good friend who is a good listener. Studies have demonstrated that talking with someone who is a deep listener allows us to form new neuronal pathways, making physical as well as emotional changes. So good on you! blessings. lance

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #4 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 1:28am

By all means talk to him!  It does not mean you are crazy or going insane or any of the other stereotypes we put on seeing a pshrink.  It means you have more on your plate than you are in a position to handle at this time.  Often they will be able to help you focus your thoughts better to where you can deal with issues.  We certainly don't want you to do something foolish.  We like having you around!

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Bonnie lee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 11:20am

Well I went and saw him yesterday. The conclusion is the real issue is to focus on controlling the pain. As I told him that i don't have these feelings when I don't have the pain. Made me laugh because he said that he himself would probably have the same thoughts if it felt like some one was screwing a drill bit into his head. Made me feel a little better. Gonna see him again next month. A least it's a guy with a sense of humor.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #6 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 4:46pm

Great to hear that you had very positive experiences from both your neuro and psychiatrist. The combination of both their efforts should work together to help you deal with the CH itself and the effects of CH on you.

As to a psychiatrist having a sense of humour, maybe some other docs should go see him too as far too many lack this essential skill!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!