Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
sunlight (Read 2508 times)
johnnysrock
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Santa Rosa CA
sunlight
Jul 10th, 2012 at 10:27am

During this cycle Johnny has noticed that when he goes outside into the sun, he gets pain in his eye on the side he gets his headaches, does anyone else notice this.  We are trying to identify his triggers.

IP Logged

japanzaman
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Fukuoka, JAPAN
Re: sunlight
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2012 at 10:29am

For me, air pressure is one of the big triggers. Anything that can give a usual sinus headache for me is something to watch out for.

IP Logged

pedropedro
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|schiedam|Netherlands||0|0|
Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2012 at 11:41am

Same for me, sunlight or even bright light is a major trigger for me. Hoping for gray and rainy days during my cycle. Airpressure doesn seem to bother me too much, did several airplane trips when in a cycle. Strong airflow like a fan or aircon is also a strong trigger for me. Other obvious stuff like dark chocolate, alcohol etc as well. Good luck with finding the triggers and hope you get through the cycle soon.

Peter

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2012 at 11:44am

Several people have posted that sunlight is a trigger, especially with glaring sunlight through a windshield. When I'm getting heavy shadows I avoid the sun just because it's irritating to my head during a shadow. But I haven't found it to be a trigger for an attack for me. One more issue that seems to individual specific!

From Batch's survey:

267 CH'ers (23.54 %) out of the 1134 who took the Cluster Headache survey in December of 2008 reported bright lights and direct sunlight was a trigger for their CH.

This is a link to a previous thread with some interesting takes on it:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Ken_DFA
CH.com Junior

Normal, IL
Reply #4 - Jul 12th, 2012 at 4:51pm

Johnnysrock:

Bright lights have always caused me grief during a cycle.  I wouldn't go as far as to classify bright light as a trigger, but it is certainly something that irritates me beyond the pale when I am in the middle of a hit. 

I usually dim the lights to the bare minimum when I start pacing the room.

Best wishes,
Ken

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #5 - Jul 12th, 2012 at 9:45pm

The bright direct Sunlight never really seem to be a trigger for me. But their are some things related to Sunlight that ramp up the CH for me.

Low pressure does Trigger as well. But the mains are when the Sunlight changes in the fall ( ie time zone). And most days when dusk comes in the windows, Its hard to explain but i call it "Pale light". We Just turn on a light and that's that.

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

pancho
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Nov 23rd, 2012 at 11:33pm

sunlight is a major trigger for me. if the sun hits my left eye when i beraly woke up i can expect a headache in less then 10 minutes. During my cycle i do wear really dark sunglasses even inside. It might look funny but its stops THAT trigger. Hope this will help

IP Logged

CH Keith
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Nov 24th, 2012 at 2:21pm

I agree with hose that have said it agravates the shadows and makes it difficult to function as well.  Not a trigger for me, but an indicator to those around me that I'm in a cycle.

I haven't noticed a connection to air pressure, but loud noises become painful and irritating.

IP Logged

idorko
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Central Maine
Reply #8 - Dec 8th, 2012 at 5:20am

My mom said she felt like we were living in a cave because I kept the shades closed constantly during my first bout with the beast. Bright sunlight from dawn until noon always made my eye pain worse, but never triggered a full blown headache.

IP Logged

Tim Cobb
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #9 - Dec 8th, 2012 at 6:14am

Not every season but in the ones that are more during the summer I notice Sun light bothers me. In fall winter and spring it's not as bad. I drive almost all night and I find that the newer headlights aggravate but do not bring on a full headache. The new neon or whatever blue lights that the police are using almost immediately release the beast. 1 car isn't to bad but 2 or more are murder!
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2012 at 6:20am by Tim Cobb »  

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #10 - Dec 8th, 2012 at 12:50pm

I've never noticed being triggered by sunlight or any light sensitivity!

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!