Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
question about o2ptiflow mask (Read 1284 times)
Budbuds Mommom
CH.com Junior

what headache?

Indianapolis,IN
question about o2ptiflow mask
Jul 9th, 2012 at 10:28pm

just wondering if anyone knows how to pick what size mask i should get?

valerie.barlow84 AngelTigga  
IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Re: question about o2ptiflow mask
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 10:37pm

Depends on if you have a small, medium or large face. The O2pti comes with a mouthpiece included also. I'm a small guy and have the red mask.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Budbuds Mommom
CH.com Junior

what headache?

Indianapolis,IN
Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 10:45pm

I don't think I'll like the mouthpiece, so I guess probably medium.

valerie.barlow84 AngelTigga  
IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 10:50pm

DJ has 2 sizes, standard for adult males and small for adult average females. I just checked. You'll love the mask, I have 3. Two of them since 2008, still work great.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 8:19am

Don't lose that mouthpiece even if at first you don't think you'll like or need it. For me, the mask is my primary abortive tool, but...there are times, especially when I'm awakened with the CH in full swing, where anything on my head/face hurts, that the mouthpiece is a perfect tool. I keep the mask on my large tank, and the mouthpiece on my E tank. So I have a choice. Just something to consider. God bless. lance

IP Logged

metoo
CH.com Junior

ann arbor mi usa
Reply #5 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 8:48am

Thank goodness for this site and its followers.  I suffered without O2 (at least in adequate flow) until folks here helped me learn about it.  Still learning, but the O2 has reduced injections by 75% or so. 

I have a beard, making the tube my choice.  As Wimsey said, many times I wake with enough facial pain that I avoid any additional stimulation, even touching my own face.

Best of luck to you.  Advocates are under incredible stresses.  Don't be troubled if you get lashed out at on occasion.

#4 - Avoid annoying people who don't deserve it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!