Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
prednisone withdrawl (Read 1368 times)
johnnysrock
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Santa Rosa CA
prednisone withdrawl
Jul 4th, 2012 at 11:56am

Can anyone share their experience with prednisone withdrawal Sad , symptoms etc....?

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: prednisone withdrawl
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2012 at 12:53pm

How long was the taper off prednisone?  Most of us experience a return of our CH when coming off a prednisone taper unless the CH cycle ended coincidentally, or another preventative like verapamil was being taken at the same time and has reached a therapeutic level.

Stopping a protracted course of prednisone needs to be done gradually with a taper.  The length of the taper is usually dictated by the sustained dose of prednisone.  Stopping at too high a dose can cause problems as the adrenal's all but shut down during a protracted course of prednisone therapy and don't make enough.  If this is the case, Johnny needs to see the physician who prescribed the prednisone asap.

Take care,

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2012 at 12:56pm by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2012 at 1:46pm

What Batch said, he should only be tapering the pred at a doctors direction. That's REALLY high horsepower meds and not to be trifled with.

I get an acne breakout on my back. I'm a 52 year old male and my back will look like a 13 year old kids face! Grin I get some muscle cramping, particularly in my lower back when i lay down at night to go to sleep. And before the days of my Lithium prevent, the CH always came back with a vengeance, like he was making up for lost time.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Imitrex4Breakfast
CH.com Veteran

Kentuckiana
Reply #3 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 1:26am

I've never heard of those two words put together, "Prednisone Withdrawl", only SIDE EFFECTS (some now, some later with chronic use).

IP Logged

japanzaman
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Fukuoka, JAPAN
Reply #4 - Jul 6th, 2012 at 10:55am

I usually have a nasty acne breakout as well. This past cycle I went through two tapers- the first wasn't all that bad but the second one caused an acne breakout that was worse than anything I had every experienced in my life. I wasn't too upset though, as the cycle ended about a week later.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!