Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
20-25 CH's in 48 hours Help me! ! ! (Read 5820 times)
Katherinecm
CH.com Sponsor

Des Moines, IA, USA
Re: 20-25 CH's in 48 hours Help me! ! !
Reply #25 - Jul 6th, 2012 at 6:39pm

You might find D3 in high enough doses difficult to find at a pharmacy.  Try Walmart, Sam's, Costco, or health food stores for 5000IU capsules.

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings that have a human experience."  Teilhard de Chardin
Katherinecm Katherinecm http://www.facebook.com/katym katycatcm katycatcm  
IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #26 - Jul 6th, 2012 at 11:14pm

So how did the oxygen work?

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

lydia nichole
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Manassas, Virginia
Reply #27 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 9:39am

I got the Vitamins and i have only had to use the Oxygen once worked okay took around 20mins or so but i caught it when it was only around a k-5. but idk if i will want to wait 20 min possibly longer if i wake up with a k-10... i guess that is when i will go for the Sumavel.

Only the strong survive!!!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #28 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 9:43am

The night time wake ups can be tough. I'd dream I was having an attack, dream I was aborting it with oxygen, dream it wasn't working, by the time I wake up it's really got a good toe hold and is much harder to abort. Took to keeping the E-Tank leaning against the bed all rigged and ready!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

x0|New York|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #29 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 10:33am

haha.. I was just wondering the other day if other people had "cluster" dreams.  I do!  I am dreaming, but thinking, this is not a real cluster, it's in my dream, it's going away..but then BAM, I have to face that it's reality, come out of the dream and the cluster is going strong.
good to hear another experience.

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #30 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 12:50pm

Quote:

took around 20mins or so but i caught it when it was only around a k-5.

Yes, the night-time hits can be tricky to abort...BUT during your waking hours...do NOT even let it get to a K-5 before you get on it.  You will notice a differance, believe me.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Katherinecm
CH.com Sponsor

Des Moines, IA, USA
Reply #31 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 4:51pm

Linda_Howell wrote on Jul 9th, 2012 at 12:50pm:
do NOT even let it get to a K-5 before you get on it.  You will notice a differance, believe me.

Linda, you can tell before a K-5 that you've got one coming on?  Even my shadows start with a K5.  Sometimes I get irritable or moody and that clues me in, and sometimes a family member will tell me by looking at me before I have a shadow, but generally by the time I know something's coming on it's a 5 or 6.

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings that have a human experience."  Teilhard de Chardin
Katherinecm Katherinecm http://www.facebook.com/katym katycatcm katycatcm  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #32 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 5:51pm

I use the 02 even for shadows.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #33 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 9:17pm

Just wondering?  Has anyone ever got on the 02 for like 10mins before bed? not for a hit or shadow.. Kinda just as a preventive?

Let me know....

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

x0|New York|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #34 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 9:21pm

I've done that, it has never prevented a "scheduled" attack that far in advance.  What I HAVE done, is started the o2 a little while before the usual hit.  It still came, but never materialized.

just my experience...
J.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #35 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 10:18pm

coach_bill wrote on Jul 9th, 2012 at 9:17pm:
Just wondering?  Has anyone ever got on the 02 for like 10mins before bed? not for a hit or shadow.. Kinda just as a preventive?

Let me know....

Coach Bill

Yeah, I tried that a time or three. Didn't work.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #36 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 8:24am

Guiseppi wrote on Jul 9th, 2012 at 9:43am:
The night time wake ups can be tough. I'd dream I was having an attack, dream I was aborting it with oxygen, dream it wasn't working, by the time I wake up it's really got a good toe hold and is much harder to abort. Took to keeping the E-Tank leaning against the bed all rigged and ready!
Joe

What Joe said! I usually get hit around 2AM. I abort as soon as I wak up. If I get hit again 45 minutes later, I abort and stay awaked awhile to see if it's over. If the beast comes sniffin' around, I hit it with migranal or trex. blessings. lance

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #37 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 4:20pm

Quote:
Linda, you can tell before a K-5 that you've got one coming on?

Oh heavens yes!!!!  The signs, even at a KIP 1 or 2 are unmistakable.  Like Guiseppi said, the 02 is good for shadows, so even at a KIP 1 or 2, if it turns out to not ramp into an all out head-banger, you are still ahead of the game.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

lydia nichole
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Manassas, Virginia
Reply #38 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 9:42am

so i do not have Hemicrania Continua, Being i was on the Idomethacin for over a week and in 72 hours had 10 CH all k-8 & k-10 I am taking The D3, Fish Oil & Calcium Citrate I am on Verapamil now, Topamax, Lithum and Melatonin. I was hospitalized on 7/11/2012 because i Kept having the headaches back to back and even with the Zofran, i was throwing up from the pain ( i no not typical with cluster headache's, But its how my body deal with pain. weird i know ) i was so dehydrated the had to give me 3 bags IV fluids and had to poke me 4 times because my veins where so thin and had to use an Infant IV. They are not coming from rebounds i haven't been using the triptains, during all those headaches i only used one and that was the Sumavel. I am at a total loss. I fill like the Verapamil is my last hope.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #39 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 9:50am

Lydia, I am more sorry than you can imagine. My CHs have never ceased, but the kind of thing you are experiencing only happened twice in the past 10 years. Since then, I manage. O2 is a huge part of it, but only a part. Know I am praying for you-for relief, for courage, for advice from knowledgable doctors. No one should have to go through this agony. When I get hit today, and I will, probably more than once, I will remember you again and again. God bless. lance

IP Logged

lydia nichole
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Manassas, Virginia
Reply #40 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 10:44am

thank you for your kind words, and prayers! I pray for all of you as well, i pray one day they find a cure. None of us should have to live like this.  Cry

IP Logged

lydia nichole
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Manassas, Virginia
Reply #41 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 1:10pm

Another thing my Neurologist has done is he is now giving me a small amount of dalaudid a month ( i know rebound headaches, addiction, not really gonna touch the pain ) But the Triptains ( all of them ) cause me to panic, get very anxious, and even with Zofran i throw up so bad i dehydrate myself. Not to mention the next day my stomach is totally messed up I still will take them but sometimes i get 4 3hour CH a day K 10 and i cant just take that without seriously considering suicide. Hopefully Verapamil will be my answer and i will not need any of these meds any more.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!