Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The heat as a trigger (Read 3433 times)
Kim P
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Clinton MA
Re: The heat as a trigger
Reply #25 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 9:59am

Yes heat has always been a trigger for me. It's actually also a symptom. I get hot and anxious when they are coming and. Old and sleeping as it faxes away.

Ironically, the endorphins released during exercise usually help me. Since I don't own a pool I am always searching for a way to exercise and stay cool.

So one night my husband comes out of the shower and hears a huge racket in our room and found me doing naked wind sprints with all the fans pointing at me. Although he tries to be supportive he couldn't help but laugh which made me laugh hysterically.

So ther I was a thirty-something mother of three, naked, with tears and snot running down the left side of my face doing wind sprints in my bedroom at 1:00 am laughing hysterically and the ridiculousness of this condition hit me.

Once upon a time CH suffers where thought to be possessed or insane.  I can't imagine why.......

Kim Place  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #26 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 9:05pm

Bonnie lee wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:47am:
Finally made it to Arizona. Was pain free for a whole month before the trip and made it through the trip wonderfully. Was anxious because I has to drive 4 days to get here but it all went great. But...... As soon as I got here it all went down hill. I can't stay out in the heat for more than an hour or it triggers a nasty one. Has any one else had a problem with the the heat?

Yes!  Residing in Las Vegas with common daily summer temps exceeding 110 F is a living nightmare for me, often triggering attacks especially when I have not had much to eat/drink that day.

2 pieces of advice...stay in the A/C and/or refresh in the swimming pool.

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

metoo
CH.com Junior

ann arbor mi usa
Reply #27 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 9:30pm

Hi, all,

When the core body temp rises, the body absolutely freaks out, so it is no surprise to us that people have all sorts of events secondary to excessive heat.  It is interesting that so many of us have this response, though. 

It seems that there are a great many factors that 'get the ball rolling' when it comes to CH.  I continue to believe that we will soon establish a(n) hypothesis that accounts for at least some of the initiating factors (triggers).  There just has to be some sort of explanation.  Doesn't there?  I believe there are many ways to start the explosion, and that medscience has been shortsighted in trying to the 'cause', when there are likely a whole boat-load of causes. The focus has been on abortives, and a few guesses at what might be called preventatives. 

Take care, and may your days get better and better. 

TJ

#4 - Avoid annoying people who don't deserve it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!