Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
anyone have sound sensitivity? (Read 2457 times)
jonathan67
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

anyone have sound sensitivity?
Jun 28th, 2012 at 8:45pm

I have the common ch issues, and a brain cyst. So is it just me that sound drives me nuts Huh? I know it could be from other problems but I'm curious. I also think that a ch can trigger a tension headache, but that is just a theory... Thanks in advance for answers

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: anyone have sound sensitivity?
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 10:39pm

Our chatter suggests that sound and light sensitivity goes with an attack/pain, not as an experience apart from an attack.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Kat.
CH.com Newbie

still learning to live
with them.

Deland, Fl.
Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 12:42am

when you say "drives me nuts" I'm not entirely sure if you are referring to the agitation or actual pain intensity.   

Im new here, but from my personal experiences sound only affects me when im having an attack or even a bad shadow. But at that point im just a total Bi**H and anything within 5 miles upsets me. However, i can not say that it makes the pain any worse, and being in total quiet does not make it better. I am just easily aggravated.

-Kat.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 12:48am

Jonathan67,
That sucks you have a brain cyst in addition to horrifying CH's.  My empathy to you! 

I personally have what I joke as "bionic hearing" when in cycle.  In other words, I hear EVERYTHING!  I can hear the cartilage in my neck when I turn my head right to left, left to right.  I can hear conversations on the other side of an office.  My ears are extremely sensitive to high pitch sounds such as spoon hitting against a coffee mug when stirring the sugar inside my coffee.  The list goes on and on.  You are certainly not alone with the sensitivity issue.

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #4 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 1:09am

With CHs and migraines I definitely am more attuned to certain noises that really irritate me. This can be a combination of loud volumes, certain mechanical noises and screeching children.

IP Logged

IndianaJohn
CH.com Hall of Famer

Into the jaws of the Beast

Decatur,Indiana,USA
Reply #5 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 9:32am

yep. me too.

static from a radio sets my HA's off every time if I am exposed to it long enough.

Did my brains fall out or is this headache over?

IP Logged

Katherinecm
CH.com Sponsor

Des Moines, IA, USA
Reply #6 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 10:56am

Yeah, especially if I'm in a bad mood before a bad hit, everything irritates the crap out of me just before the shadow hits.

If I'm in a really good mood I get emotional, almost like I want to cry for no reason whatsoever just before a shadow.  15 minutes later, wham!  Hit hard.

I don't notice this with the more minor ones- 7-8's.  Just 9-10's.

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings that have a human experience."  Teilhard de Chardin
Katherinecm Katherinecm http://www.facebook.com/katym katycatcm katycatcm  
IP Logged

Rfigs81
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

phoenix. az
Reply #7 - Jul 1st, 2012 at 2:59am

I only have sound sensitivity when the episode is really bad,even light affects me, but any noise seems to hurt. The pain isn't worse but seem to put me in discomfort. then the nausea comes...

IP Logged

Cupper
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Seagrove Beach FL
Reply #8 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 1:13am

Yes sound is a trigger for me. I work with headsets at times. Someone leaves a cell phone near it and it clicks and hums and buzzes. An occasional loud tone comes across at times as well as some yelling. And to boot generators power the cams we use on tv broadcasts. Their cycle and hum drives me bonkers. Basically when in cycle I'm sumitrippin out of my mind to just make it through a work day.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #9 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 1:43am

Yes, especially during K-8-10. And have been triggered by those 1,000 watt stereos so many have little respect with. Once a guy pulled in the driveway next door and vibrated the glasses in my cupboard.

If they give me a CH ("suicide headache") can I charge them with attempted murder? Give us a break, the bass is what kills me. The profanity too.

Don
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2012 at 1:52am by Skyhawk5 »  

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Katherinecm
CH.com Sponsor

Des Moines, IA, USA
Reply #10 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 4:48pm

Skyhawk5 wrote on Jul 9th, 2012 at 1:43am:
Yes, especially during K-8-10. And have been triggered by those 1,000 watt stereos so many have little respect with. Once a guy pulled in the driveway next door and vibrated the glasses in my cupboard.

If they give me a CH ("suicide headache") can I charge them with attempted murder? Give us a break, the bass is what kills me. The profanity too.

Don

Several years ago when I was especially in a bad point psychologically a neighbor kid got a new, loud stereo system in his car. I wished and joked and dreamed about shooting out his speakers.  I forgot how much I hated that thing until you mentioned it.   Grin

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings that have a human experience."  Teilhard de Chardin
Katherinecm Katherinecm http://www.facebook.com/katym katycatcm katycatcm  
IP Logged

jonathan67
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #11 - Jul 12th, 2012 at 3:42pm

Sounds can trigger mine to and after that sounds some in particular really get to me and I find a quite place to hide from people amd sound, I'm sure I'm a chronic some days little pain and some I get them over n over so at least it may not be from by atypical brain cyst.

IP Logged

Imitrex4Breakfast
CH.com Veteran

Kentuckiana
Reply #12 - Jul 15th, 2012 at 8:50am

Yes, during an attack sound hurts me badly. I can hear footsteps on the grass at 100 feet (or further) when I'm inside and when it's otherwise quiet outside! Hyper-sensitivity !

I4B

IP Logged

snookarosis
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

texas
Reply #13 - Aug 4th, 2012 at 7:21pm

yep

IP Logged

WayneJohn
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #14 - Aug 5th, 2012 at 8:42am

I think I may know what you mean.
Sound drives me nuts during an attack. It's not that sound hurts, it's just like another thing to cope with and If people ask you a question you just cant cope with trying to process the question or form a response........... I have pain leave me alone. Be there for me but don't f#ckin talkto me.
If that's what you mean, then YES sound drive me nuts too.

IP Logged

catjane
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

atlanta, ga
Reply #15 - Aug 10th, 2012 at 11:37pm

yes! Usually (not during episodes/attacks) I need white noise to sleep...I have a small air purifier and fall asleep peacefully when its on.. HOWever- During the attacks (they wake me up in full blown pain) ANY NOISE including my beloved "white noise" maker is horrible to my ears. talking, noise, a drop of pin, anything....I like to go into my bathroom and pace or laydown or move around because its very quiet and DARK

travel is the only thing that will make you richer

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!