Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Urgh. (Read 1301 times)
Henker
CH.com Newbie

Omnes vulnerant, ultima
necit...

x0||||||
Urgh.
Jun 26th, 2012 at 9:27am

Hi all,

been an off and on "member of the board" for over ten years. I'm a chronic sufferer with an average of 7 attacks per day that each last approximately 90-120 minutes. As a lot of other people I've tried countless conventional and unconventional treatments, none of which provided any long-term relief.

I am here now to advise others and vent about how the condition has effected and still effects my life.

Thanks for "listening",

Xavier

“It was true that I didn’t have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?”
― Charles Bukowski

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Re: Urgh.
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 9:43am

Henker wrote on Jun 26th, 2012 at 9:27am:
As a lot of other people I've tried countless conventional and unconventional treatments, none of which provided any long-term relief.

Care to share? lance

IP Logged

Henker
CH.com Newbie

Omnes vulnerant, ultima
necit...

x0||||||
Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 2:48pm

Over the past fifteen years I've been on oxygen, lithium, medrol, imitrex, verapamil, ergotamine, dihydroergotamine, cafergot, sandostatine, lidocaine, codeine, indometacine, oxycontin, amitriptyline, fentanyl, ... Prescribed by neurologists in Belgium, France and the US. Either they provided no relief, slight relief with an array of unacceptable side-effects or temporary relief.

Alternatively I have tried aromatherapy, light therapy, diets, massage and so on. Those had no effect whatsoever.

If anyone has any concrete questions about one or more of the treatments, don't hesitate to ask.

Currently I am looking into botox and psilocybe. Anyone had any experience with that?

“It was true that I didn’t have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?”
― Charles Bukowski

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #3 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 9:09am

You list the most of the usual suspects but not the dose amounts. I mention that because after coming to this site, I discovered that while I was taking meds "normally" effective for either aborting or preventing CHs, I was either not taking the form most useful (e.g. verapamil ER/LR vs. rapid release) or I was taking a pill form (imitrex) rather than injectable. Same with O2: wrong mask, wrong flow rate. Since, while I am still chronic, I am on a much more effective regimen of verapamil (640mg/day) plus lithium plus indomethacin, as well as having an array of abortives: O2 with demand flow valve (45-60lpm), trex injectables and migranal spray. Sometimes its as much about how much you take as what you take. See Clusterbusters for help with psilocybin. Blessings. lance

IP Logged

Henker
CH.com Newbie

Omnes vulnerant, ultima
necit...

x0||||||
Reply #4 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 5:32pm

Well, I've been on more than one different dose of most individual medicines and "enjoyed" several combination treatments. Honestly, I couldn't give you an accurate list anymore, as I have been off medication for quite while now. These days I just try to cope without any chemicals, because mostly they just damaged my liver and gastrointestinal system. I made a detailed treatment overview a few years ago that should be in the attic somewhere, if anyone is interested.

― Charles Bukowski

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #5 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 7:56pm

If you're serious about the mushroom route, please visit   clusterbusters.com    They have people over there who have had tremendous success with "busting" their cycles. It's a bit more complicated then chew a cap and be pain free,  Cheesy   but from friends on the board who have tried it there's a high potential to get pain free.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #6 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 9:01pm

When you used Oxygen was it a "high flow" minimum 15LPM with a properly sealed NON-REBREATHER mask with a bag on it? The reason I ask is modern knowledge on this subject has increased success rates considerably. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Don
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2012 at 9:03pm by Skyhawk5 »  

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!