Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just got out of the hospital (Read 781 times)
orlandoal68
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

orlando florida
Just got out of the hospital
Jun 26th, 2012 at 2:48am

Found out I'm not Dieing, Had cluster headaches for many years but were not so severe and long time between epesiodes. Three months ago found out my blood pressure was high and started treating it with procardia a calcium blocker then wham the headaches started. When the procardia did not bring my blood pressure down far enough stopped procardia and went into withdrawals then the cluster headaches started and I have been having three a day for the past two months. When I was in the Hospital They mis diagnosed my headahe as minigidisus and gave me a spinal tap and then I went through the leak thing too.
While I was in the hospital the only relief from the headache was an injection of toradol but having to work in the real world I am trying to make it on 100 mg of topomax twice a day. The Headaches are managemable and I can hide it from my boss most of the time but it is only a matter of time. I am having three Headaches a day if I can just get were I have them away from work I can make it. Any Ideas.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: Just got out of the hospital
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 10:19am

For the long haul, working with a doc who has good experience treating headache is essential. We have a disorder which will last for decades and so learning how to control the effects is essential.

Do you have a sharp doc now? If not, is it possible for you to find/use one?

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

vrykolakas
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 2:36pm

Best advice is to not try to hide it from the boss...  someone uploaded a very good file which explains to coworkers/loved ones what it is we go through with CH's. it's in a post around here somewhere, but I am not allowed to post the link as I don't have enough posts (but it is in the "Cluster Headache Specific" forum, 1st page, and the post is called "
C H explanation for bosses, loved ones, etc...")
Also, find a good doc. not every neuro is knowledgeable in CH management. They may be the best neuros in the world, yet not know jack about CH.  so interview him/her like you were about to hire them for the most important job in the world (which as far as you're concerned, it bloody well is).  Also, look around these forums. There is a wealth of information in here.  I myself just joined after a long time of reading them (and a long time of dealing with the beast). there's some good folks here and we all know in one way or another what you're going through. hang in there.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 3:26pm

The link to the colleague letter is Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!