Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shadows? or sinus infection? (Read 543 times)
Katherinecm
CH.com Sponsor

Des Moines, IA, USA
Shadows? or sinus infection?
Jun 22nd, 2012 at 7:38am

Hey guys, How do you know when you actually have a sinus infection?  I'm assuming the chronic ones I've been diagnosed with even as a child were always CH, and I've assumed that for the last 9 years or so since I got diagnosed.

For the past week, my chronic CH has gotten a lot worse.  I've not quite been in remission, but have been doing a lot better on the high vitamin D3, until this week.   I think maybe the heat wave on Monday brought it on. 

I would assume it was just CH except for two things:  a lot more pain in my ear than usual, and sometimes during fairly bad ear pain my eye is completely clear.  This pain is between hits, and feels a lot like a bad shadow except its centered in my ear.

How do I decide whether to ask for antibiotics?  Should I request a white blood cell count to confirm infection?

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings that have a human experience."  Teilhard de Chardin
Katherinecm Katherinecm http://www.facebook.com/katym katycatcm katycatcm  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: Shadows? or sinus infection?
Reply #1 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 4:43pm

Only a question that a M.D. or R.N. could answer.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

AppleNutClusters
CH.com Old Timer

2012, Year of the Honey
Badger

Richmond, Virgina, USA
Re: Shadows? or sinus infection?
Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 5:17pm

Life does go on, even with CH, so it's reasonable to believe you might have an ear infection or sinus trouble.  I'd be having a doc look in my ear for sure.

jgroulx@mac.com  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!