Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How do u live with this? (Read 1709 times)
wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Re: How do u live with this?
Reply #25 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 9:15am

Just wondering...have you tried Migranal nasal spray?  It doesn't work for some, but it does for me. Takes longer to take effect (huffing O2 in the meantime) but I will usually be cluster free for 24-36 hours. For us chronics, that's as good as a vacay to Bermuda! blessings. lance

IP Logged

Tussilago
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Sweden, Norrland
Reply #26 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 5:37am

Back.
It got worse before it got better. But anyway hi again.
But ye 2-3 weeks ago they switched me to topamax which seems to have effect on me. Life isn't all sweet roses but it's slowly getting livable.
Since they increased the dosage about a week ago I haven't passed out, lost speech or consciousness which stems from the migraine side of things they think. Which is as annoying as "cluster headache? you got headaches? everyone got headaches!" "Migraine? You got migraine, everyone got migraines..." No, not everyone can't walk all the time because of it...

So right now it's topamax, lots of oxygen. they've given me the right to just phone up and order any amount i need Shocked I and one have some i can carry about.

I had a headache attack that was pure murder that lasted 5 days that they don't know what to think it was. Too long too be CH or migraine they think, that leaves tension headache. I'm like eeeh? Tension headache can't hurt this bad. But neurologist seems to think that ye some tension headaches can be pretty painful as well. Well whatever call it muhhfifhhitty and prescribe russins JUST MAKE IT GO AWAY.

CH cycle is if not gone but not as bad. The darlings still wake me up each night.

What drives me a little nuts is that they don't seem to quite know what to make of me as I have such a complex combination of headaches, i most likely have several version of migraines as well. First neurologist gave me a CH + basilar migraine + tension headache diagnosis. The second one is sceptic to CH.

Reasons? You're a woman.
Secondly CH don't explain all the knock out  symptoms like loss of this and that. If my opinion matters on it I think my CH cycle was waaaaay worse when I saw the first one and my migraines were waaaaaaay worse when I saw the second one so they diagnose what they see basically.

Also they're different. I can't explain how the pain is different but my *behavior* is different. One I lie down don't want to move for the world, the other I can be running around the room like a maniac. Migrainists rarely do that.

Anyway... call it whatever you like, I'm happy the topomox is proving useful. It's a medicine that can be used against both migraine AND CH... so I guess if they can't figure out whether I have both or not... better to just hit both things and hope it works. Tongue Well it is showing a bit of an improvement.
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2012 at 5:41am by Tussilago »  

IP Logged

Tussilago
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Sweden, Norrland
Reply #27 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 5:38am

Whimsey1, not sure if I've tried that one. I've been through a number of nasal sprays and they're reluctant to prescribe more at this point.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!