Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pain Free Finally! (Read 1454 times)
clusterhead88
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Pain Free Finally!
Jun 8th, 2012 at 2:06am

I just experienced the worst cycle I have had since being diagnosed 4 years ago.  Usually my clusters last for about a month 2x a year with one headache a day.  Starting in May I began having the most extreme clusters I have had ever experienced... almost 6 weeks worth of 4-6 clusters a day.  In the past oxygen therapy worked 100% to abort the clusters, but this cycle I wasn't so fortunate.  I struggled with receiving imitrex injections due to my insurance not wanting to cover more than 3 a month.  Now to the good news... just when I thought I was going to go into a full blown depression and lock myself in my room for the rest of the cycle I woke up PAIN FREE for the first time in over a month.  I thought this was just a fluke and expected to have clusters throughout the day.  11:30 (my normal cluster time) passed and NO cluster! I survived a full work day, and an enjoyable dinner with the family with NO CLUSTERS.  I have been cluster free for over 24 hours now and I'm beginning to remember just how great life can be without the pain.  So, for all of you struggling with a cycle, I hope you find relief soon!

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Pain Free Finally!
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 3:34am

Sweet news and I hope you stay pain free for a long time to come.

IP Logged

AppleNutClusters
CH.com Old Timer

2012, Year of the Honey
Badger

Richmond, Virgina, USA
Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 6:53am

Awesome news. Gives me some hope that my current extra-nasty cycle (6+ months, usually only 2) will just disappear one morning! Enjoy that PF bliss!  Cheesy

jgroulx@mac.com  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 9:27am

Welcome to the board, awesome news the cycle has finally broken. If you're new to the board, start reading like crazy. Knowledge is your best ally in the fight against the beast. It seems nothing works for everyone, but most everyone can find something here that helps. Hoping this remission lasts a lifetime. Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Zeitgeist
CH.com Alumnus

Clustery szcmustery

|Norway|
Reply #4 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 3:37pm

I'm happy for you going PF! When going PF, it's like it never happened.  The pain and the misery is just too absurd. Av very strange feeling!.

I just have to say it, knowing that Health insurance is a big political issue i US and that I may get knocked down by a hammer.  In a great numbers of posts this point is made, the health insurance doesn't cover more that x Imitrex injections is made. It always confuses me.

It's dystopic, harsh, and maybe even in-human.  Smells pre-historic.

Where I'm from, the politics of this policy is not instituted to serve the fat cats. It works like this:

Within a 3 months period, if you suffer from a chronic condition (like CH), you will not spend more than abt $100 on necessary medication. If you reach this level ($100), the Imitrex is free over the counter. Just present your subscription in the local drugstore and get your Trex. Now money changing owner.

After three months: Reset. So, in theory - in the span of a year, no matter how much Imitrex you doctor subscribes - your total expense will never be more than about $400.

-zg

IP Logged

Zeitgeist
CH.com Alumnus

Clustery szcmustery

|Norway|
Reply #5 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 5:34pm

If you insist.
The taxation numbers (and their meaning) may be discussed.  But yeah.  And every one, no matter what your family earns, what number of fish you've extinguished in the Shark tank, what number of suckers you screwed, or if you're blind, dyslexic, dumb or clueless - you get the best healthcare available.  Because you are a human being of the 21st century.

Like free speech, some things are beyond money. I gladly pay my taxes to know that my less fortunate neighbors' kid enjoy the same education and healthcare as my own.

Anyway this is not about Norway, but a world wide accepted principle in developed civilizations, except for a very few.

-zg

IP Logged

Tussilago
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Sweden, Norrland
Reply #6 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 4:46am

Zeitgeist, I feel the same. I'm from Sweden and sure a lot of the money I earn goes to taxes but I've reached the max level I'll pay for medicine and the cost of seeing medical staff till April next year and it's a nice feeling.

I gladly pay every öre as long as it means people in my situation who earn less than me receive the same treatment.

IP Logged

whooligun
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 8:33am

Did this thread really just turn from one guy saying how happy he was to be pain free, to people discussing norwegian taxes?  Way to hijack a thread, wow.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #8 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 9:50am

Excellent point. I have deleted mine. Embarrassed

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!