Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My intro, Orgasmic clusterheadache-tumor diagnosis (Read 4464 times)
ouchful
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

My intro, Orgasmic clusterheadache-tumor diagnosis
Jun 6th, 2012 at 1:41am

Hey peeps, wanted to share my scenario..

Approx 12 years ago I used to get severe cluster headaches EVERY time I wld orgasm. They would occur "immediately" after orgasm,..The severe headaches would last approx 2-3 hours. I'd often go into emerg for demerol, which would have little effect. (the most painful thing I've ever experienced - I can assure you, this is a very effective form of birth control)

I went to 3 neurologists in total seeking answers. The first two said it was caused by stress, and had no answers, the third claimed to be familiar with this exact type of cluster headache and said it was called an "orgasmic cluster headache". ...He described it best by asking if "it felt like an ice pick in my brain".. (I'm sure I dont need to explain the feeling to you guys).

After MRI's and CT scans, he said it was caused by nerves running up  the back of my neck. He said i was holding my head in a stiff manner during sex, which caused it. I'm not sure if I buy that, but they gave me muscle relaxers and it seemed to subside.

....now this is where it gets interesting ....

That was 12 years ago ..... 2 years ago I was miraculously diagnosed with a small brain tumor on my pituitary gland. I say miraculously, because it was an accident and a damn good doctor who caught it. It has caused a number of irregularities including growing 2 inches in height in my 30's, hands and feet growing, sleep apnea, severe arthritis, carpel tunnel, etc etc ...as a result, unbeknownst to me, my HGH levels were through the roof (over 1300 micrograms - normal is approx 250) I was basically roid raging all the time. Might sound strange, but I thought all my symptoms were simply part of aging, so didn't react and learned to live with it.

The docs said I probably had the tumor (called acromegaly) for 20 years. I had the tumor removed last year...it was shear hell, but as ainful as it was, the cluster headaches hurt more  (not removing the tumor causes organs to grow, causing heart, kidney and/or liver failure)

The reason I'm sharing this is, the tumor was in the EXACT place where it felt like the ice pick was inserted into my brain 12 years prior when I was getting the "orgasmic cluster headaches"... Is this in my head (lol), or is it possible that my cluster headache was a result of this tumor...and if so, why didn't they see the tumor when they did MRI's 10-12 years ago ??? Has anyone heard of this before ???

Our pituitary glands are located in the part of our brain, behind and between the eyes. This is EXACTLY where the cluster headaches occurred. Is this a common place to feel the pain, or do the vary ?

I've tried to research "orgasmic cluster headaches", but cant find anything describing what I had. Anyone have a good source of info re this ??

I also haven't been able to find a connection between my tumor or the cluster headaches.
Anyone heard of a connection ???

Even though science has come a long way, the human brain is still very much unchartered territory.... The only way they (or us) will figure it out is by sharing stories.

Thank you for allowing me to share..and pleaze feel free to help connect the dots.

« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2012 at 1:56am by ouchful »  

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: My intro, Orgasmic clusterheadache-tumor diagnosis
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 6:56am

Fascinating history...  In all of your sessions with the neurologists and neurosurgeons, have you had the lab test for your 25-Hydroxyvitamin D serum concentration measured???  You could be vitamin D3 deficient...

Take care,

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2012 at 6:56am by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

dougW
CH.com Veteran

pain is inevitable.  
suffering is optional

Canada  'eh.
Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 8:34am

There is little in the literature on coital headaches but they are a primary headache disorder.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Pituitary tumors can lay dormant for years.  Sounds like your tumor caused an huge increase in your growth hormone (HGH) which lead to your growing 2" and such beginning a few years ago. 

Ask your Doc, they may be 2 totally unrelated issues.

Hope you are doing well.

PS:  childhood acromegaly and HGH pituitary tumor, remember Andre the Giant.

Out beyond wrong doing and right doing there is a field of luminous consciousness.  I'll meet you there.   (Rumi)
IP Logged

Ricardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #3 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 1:22pm

The clinical characteristics of headache in patients with pituitary tumours

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #4 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 4:01pm

The very type situation which prompted posting:

Link to: cluster-LIKE headache.
Section, "Medications, Treatments, Therapies --> "Important Topics" --> "Cluster-LIKE headache"

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

orton1227
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 3:14pm

So how exactly was it caught?  I'm having coital headaches, including a dull ache for the past 8 weeks that won't go away (major attacks happen during sex), but my MRI,MRA,CT showed nothing.  I wonder if yours 12 years ago would've shown nothing.  One major difference is that I'm not "'roid raging"; I doubt my HGH is that high at all as I exhibit physical symptoms of a higher estrogen level (and I'm a man).

IP Logged

Tussilago
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Sweden, Norrland
Reply #6 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 6:15pm

That sounds like a harsh story man Sad

Sorry to hear it.

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #7 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 8:13pm

Thank you Doug.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!