Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Great Weekend... (Read 498 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Great Weekend...
Jun 4th, 2012 at 7:40am

My grandson, Caleb and I took off for an unplanned weekend on the road. It was really great...

We ended up in Memphis Friday night. He wanted to stay at the Peabody and see the "ducks" so we got lost a few times, but found the Peabody and he got to see the "duck parade" (everyone should see the ducks at least ONCE).

Went to Graceland and did our deal out there (well, he didn't even know who the King was when we left the farm Smiley butnow he's paid omage to him and his life is complete!)

Then we decided to go back to Little Rock and tour the Presidential Library (never been to one of those before). Caleb wanted to stay at the Peabody "again" and I told him they just don't have those hotels everywhere (actually only three).

We waz lost in Little Rock and looking for a place to stay the night and LO AND BEHOLD... we took a rigth at a stop light and right in front of us was  a Peabody Hotel.. (didn't know they built that thing - well they didn't  they bought an old hotel about 18 years ago and put it in). So we got a room and went up to see the ducks.. they were there... Wink

Had a great time exploring the hotel and Caleb met everyone there. Ran into a guy from Atlanta (TX)in the elevator  and Caleb gave him ALL the gossip of home. That kid don't meet a stranger...

Then after we saw the "duck parade" again.. (I think Caleb helped the Duck Master load the ducks for the parade) we took off for the Presidential Library.

Now that was something else (whether you like Clinton or not - it's WORTH going to). I'd never been to one of those before and we spent the afternoon exploring it. Geezz there was a lot of history there. And the people who worked there were great after answering questions (and Caleb asked a LOT of them).

But the funniest thing is when we got there and parked, Caleb yelled, "Granny there's someone from Gladewater parked over there.." sure nuff he recognized the dealership sticker on the truck. He ran over and asked them WHO they were. Turned out to be the dealer's kid (I've known him since he was born - knew his Daddy when he was born). Clint had on a G'wate Bears tshirt and so did I so we had a good laugh about that one. What are the odds of running into someone you know in a "far away" land?

But we had a great weekend. We saw Elvis, Clinton and the DUCKS.. Now our lives are complete.  Roll Eyes

Now Granny just has to go back to work to pay off the credit cards.. LOL! Caleb came home with a Presidential bathrobe and is demanding some respect ..  Smiley I think he bought out the gift shop.

And I got a t-shirt that says "I miss BIll) just to bug the inlaws (my son's inlaws) when they come to visit. (And you knew I was a B*(&ch when I started this...).

And I got thru the whole weekend with only a shadow.. That made it even better. A Red Bull got rid of that and I'm tired this morning, but it was a great weekend.

Now I have to go back towork to pay off the credit cards and then maybe we can do it again sometime.  Cool

Hope ya'll had a painfree weekend and half as much fun as I did... Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Re: Great Weekend...
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 9:54am

Quote:
We saw Elvis, Clinton and the DUCKS.. Now our lives are complete

It don't get no better'n that! Except for the mostly pf part. So glad you had a great time. God bless. lance

IP Logged

Lenny
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Los Angeles,CA
Re: Great Weekend...
Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 10:53am

Barbara,i thought i had a fun weekend (went to costco ) dealt with the crowds "but i did have one of their hot-dogs" Grin Grin Grin...Sounds like you 2 had a blast...my better half and i had a few weekend getaways like that (no reservations,etc.) and it always turned out adventurous and for the most part,great.....Lenny

yes a newbie,unfortunately not to the beast!!!Chronic - Clusterhead

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!