Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
This place.... (Read 2068 times)
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus

It's always darkest before
the dawn.

North Carolina, USA
This place....
May 12th, 2012 at 12:21pm

If I never found it.. I know we've all said it or thought it.  I just don't know where I'd be.  My hubby, Sam thanks his lucky stars for CH.com too.  just wanted to say that.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
taratheking taraann77 taraann1977 peachypie77 imjustpeachypie  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Re: This place....
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2012 at 5:44pm

Boy...youre not the only one thats felt this way tara,  DJ did a wonderful service to 1000's of lives over the last 13 yrs.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #2 - May 12th, 2012 at 6:07pm

Indeed......shame it's off the beaten path now...guess that makes it even more special in memories....

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus

the dawn.

North Carolina, USA
Reply #3 - May 12th, 2012 at 7:09pm

It sure is a shame that it's off the beaten path...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - May 12th, 2012 at 9:58pm

"Off the beaten path" is just a natural cycle. At first, nobody here knew each other.

Now it's quite different, and we do maintain even deeper relationships outside the confines of ch.com. Which is a very good thing.

This place brought us together, and we stay together in many ways.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Louise Barham
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Columbia, South Carolina
Reply #5 - May 13th, 2012 at 1:11pm

Hey!!!  Let's do something to get it back on the path.  In so many ways, this place may have saved Adam's life as well as mine.  There is still a path for all of us. 

I am feeling very sad today and the last thing I need is to loose this place and all of you.

Let's fix it. NOW.

Love to all and happy mother's day.

Louise

Louise&&Mother of CH son
weezerbarham  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #6 - May 13th, 2012 at 2:09pm

That's the thing, Louise - this place has led us to many other paths, and everyone who makes it to those other places almost always come through this place. And many of us come back here because we love where this place has led us. We come back with a sense of loyalty, appreciation and fondness in our hearts.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't enjoy the other places this place has led us to.

As long as DJ keeps this place open, those of us with a sense of gratitude come back, again and again, filled with love in our souls.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus

the dawn.

North Carolina, USA
Reply #7 - May 13th, 2012 at 4:06pm

Well said Brew!

(Sorry that you're feeling sad today Louise hugz)

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #8 - May 13th, 2012 at 11:10pm

No worries Louisa, this place isn't going anywhere. There's a whole lot of us who got our lives back here. Another hug for DJ, the visionary. Smiley

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #9 - May 14th, 2012 at 2:10am

"Off the beaten path", where did that come from? Maybe some have found other paths but this is still the best place to start whatever path you may find more helpful for you personally.

It has nothing to do with the fact that folks like me have tried those paths. they didn't work, for me, thank you. I wish others more luck. Please, folks that read here, are all looking for the most info they can find. CH.com directs them to all info available.

Bless you DJ,  Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #10 - May 14th, 2012 at 2:51am

This place rocks, it changes lives for those with CH and our families.

I look back to how I was when I first came here and compare it to now, with what I've learned from so many people and it's simply incomparable the difference.

Thank you everyone.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #11 - May 14th, 2012 at 10:50am

I've said this before, as many of you are saying now, but CH.com has saved my life, and returned to me a quality of life, I do not believe would have been mine. In part it's the fellowship of sufferer's with whom I never have to explain what it feels like to have a cluster. It's enough when we say, it sucks! But I am grateful for all of you who have stayed the course and made someone like me welcome. I still feel a newbie, and am jealous of your face to face meetings. I find it so hard to travel more than an hour from home, chronic as i am, and flying is now nearly impossible. Perhaps that will change in the future. But I believe we can neve say "thank you" enough, and so here is my heartfelt expression of gratitude to DJ and all ya'll: thank you. And God bless. lance

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #12 - May 14th, 2012 at 6:50pm

Here are my thoughts on the subject of "being off the beaten path"  (your results may vary)

ch.com is still on the path it was meant to be on.  Just look at the 3 boards above this one.  Medications, getting to know you, and ch. specific.  Newcomers are finding this place and asking questions and reading it daily.  They are getting answers and not feeling alone anymore.

What has changed is this GENERAL board right here due to face-book.  The general board used to be a fun place.  ch-ers NEED to have a sense of humor and this was our place to talk about everything BUT...ch.   We had the other boards for that.   People would talk about the most inane, funny, things here.  They'd post pictures.  They'd talk about their family.  I could go on...just look back in the archives to see what I'm talking about. 

Then came facebook and that is where everyone is doing all that.  If everyone wants this place to be like it was....start doing that.  Leave all the ch things to the other boards.  As long as DJ and Steph keeps the lights on here...this is a good place to be.  Like Bill said, because of this place we've made deeper relationships and that is always a good thing.   Smiley

edit;  This thread is just the first one in the archives that I  came across.  There are so many more to show you what the General board used to be.  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2012 at 7:29pm by Linda_Howell »  

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #13 - May 14th, 2012 at 10:17pm

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #14 - May 14th, 2012 at 10:17pm

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Lenny
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Los Angeles,CA
Reply #15 - May 15th, 2012 at 10:37am

For those that are new...this place use to be like the WILD-WILD-WEST...there was so much entertainment,you never knew what to expect...and it was FUN (boy do i miss it...BIG-TIME)...i doubt that it will ever be the same...in regards of people leaving and going to FB (this is something i have NEVER considered and most likely never will)  CH.com and CB.com are the only 2-sites for me...as the theme song goes to that TV sitcom "all in the family".....THOSE WERE THE DAYS.....Lenny

yes a newbie,unfortunately not to the beast!!!Chronic - Clusterhead

IP Logged

Louise Barham
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Columbia, South Carolina
Reply #16 - May 18th, 2012 at 8:39pm

All of you are very right.  As long as DJ and Steph continue to love us, this is where we will be!!

This was the first place I found to figure out what Adam actually had.  We are not going anywhere.

Having the opportunity to meet with so many of the participants here has been amazing.  It has let Adam really know he is not alone.  And all of the help everyone has offered is more than we could have ever hoped for.

Thanks to DJ & Steph and everyone here.  I truely do not know what we would have done without everyone.

Hugs,
Louise

Louise&&Mother of CH son
weezerbarham  
IP Logged

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus

the dawn.

North Carolina, USA
Reply #17 - May 19th, 2012 at 6:16am

wild wild west movie song (ya know the one with will smith) and of course all in the family song are prolly going to be stuck in my head now TY Lenny Wink Lenny Linda Louise mike Brew john DJ STEPH.. EVERYONE!!! THIS IS Y THIS PLACE  Kiss Kiss Kiss Sorry if this makes little sense.
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2012 at 6:17am by Tara Ann »  

IP Logged

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus

the dawn.

North Carolina, USA
Reply #18 - May 19th, 2012 at 6:19am

Just was wanting to point out.... thats Y THIS PLACE keeps us all going Smiley Kiss  dang I sure hope I dont sound as stupid as I feel

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #19 - May 19th, 2012 at 8:33am

As an OLD OLD timer here (I was in Clusterville before the first street light went up - just an old General Store back in 98).. I can remember the "excitment" of waiting for DJ to update the board to see what Kip had to say or Nancy's latest joke.

The day I found this place I was in the "pits of hell" and had just gotten a new computer with Internet on it.. didn't know a darn thing about it, but got brave and typed in "clusterheadaches" and walla!!! this is where I wound up. I'd found HOME!

There was Kip and Bob G and others who welcomed me and UNDERSTOOD what I was saying about my head and it was amazing... the actually KNEW what I was going thru.. I'd found FRIENDS and they CARED!! It was just amazing to me .. at the time I was totally AlONE.. now I wasn't and haven't been since.....

I, for one, have been here almost every day since I found this place (sometimes I post - sometimes not,but I'm here). I've watched it grow and people come (and some go - miss them) and new friends have been made over the years. We formed an Organization right here to help each other. We've argued, cried, laughed and mainly just been a family.

I, for one, can't see life without Clusterville. Oh I go to FB, but this is always my FIRST stop in the mornings...

Gosh that was a total ramble wasn't it.. Always have been good at that... But I love you all and hope we'll be here for a long time to come...  Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!