Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pharms (Read 795 times)
superhawk2300
CH.com Hall of Famer

New Berlin, WI
Pharms
May 10th, 2012 at 11:44am

Last night I went to my Target pharm to pick up my Pred taper and my Zomig. My script for Zomig is one a day for 30 days with like 6 refills.

The lead pharm said to me "can I ask what they hell you are doing with a trip  day for months on end? You have a death wish?"

He was pretty concerned with my health.

We had a good 10 minute conversation regarding clusters - he saw some documentary on head disorders adn knew quite a bit about them. I shared Batches new D3 plan and things.

In short it was a really great conversation. I was really impressed with his desire to understand my condition.

It was refreshing to talk with someone who listened more than talked about it with their filters. I was very impressed with him.

It was a nice surprise in part of my treatment chain I usually took for granted as just more of a mechanical function.

Anyone else out there have good pharm experiences?

WWW 1107217852  
IP Logged

ariel
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Long Island new York
Re: Pharms
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2012 at 12:33pm

Thats wonderful that you have such a nice pharmacist that is actually concerned! I'm curious though, does your health insurance cover 30 zomigs per month? If so, you have a pretty good plan!

IP Logged

superhawk2300
CH.com Hall of Famer

New Berlin, WI
Reply #2 - May 12th, 2012 at 10:22am

Yes, I am lookingf forward to keeping this pharmacy now. It was nice to feel like a individual person not some disease for once.

My insurance did not cover 30 zomig a month so they are not awesome. My doc got on the phone and changed their minds though. It took some jerking around but after some forms, a letter, and some phone calls they finally gave in. The fact that I had been paying for that much out of pocket in the past gave us some cred with them too I think. But in the end it is nice to have a awesome doc!

WWW 1107217852  
IP Logged

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus

It's always darkest before
the dawn.

North Carolina, USA
Reply #3 - May 12th, 2012 at 12:31pm

Really nice to hear that about your pharmacist!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
taratheking taraann77 taraann1977 peachypie77 imjustpeachypie  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #4 - May 14th, 2012 at 11:28am

Quote:
Anyone else out there have good pharm experiences?

NEVER.  I am super happy that you did though.  Smiley

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #5 - May 19th, 2012 at 8:48am

One of the advantages of living in a small town with a local pharmacist... I've had good ones. In Gladewater my pharmacist lived down the street from me and would deliver my meds (at any time - I once woke him up in the middle of the night and he went down and filled a script and brought it to me - that was when I was really in bad shape).

Since moving to the country up here.. the local pharmacist has been really good with me.... If I'm in a "bad" cycle and need something "now" they get it to me (and I live 8 miles out in the country).

But I wouldn't recommend WalMart.. tried them one time and that $4 co-pay just ain't worth the hassel.  Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!