Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
That GOOOOOODDD feeling afterwards (Read 1390 times)
Hennie
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

That GOOOOOODDD feeling afterwards
May 2nd, 2012 at 1:26pm

I am 51. Has periodic CH for 36 years, 2-3 months per year every two years, once or twice dailly, had hundreds of 7-9 on Kip scale..... My crave/goal/aim is that wonderfull feeling after the attack! For me it is an absolute bliss feeling! Yes i am drained from say an 8on Kip, but that feeling just overides it! Even wife family friends etc notice the change in my mood, everything in me lites up!!!! Are there guys out there with this feeling, must be....

IP Logged

ariel
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Long Island new York
Re: That GOOOOOODDD feeling afterwards
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2012 at 9:09pm

I've never had that. I do feel relieved when its over. But even if I manage to stay calm during the attack & not let myself lose control from the pain, I usually end up crying a little while afterwards, because I know another one is coming soon.

IP Logged

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus

It's always darkest before
the dawn.

North Carolina, USA
Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2012 at 10:32pm

Yep It's what I call the high!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
taratheking taraann77 taraann1977 peachypie77 imjustpeachypie  
IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #3 - May 4th, 2012 at 8:30am

Dude, I gotta say, I know what you mean about the relief, but that sounds a bit like the guy who when asked why he was hitting his head against the wall, replied "because it feels so good when I stop." My goal is not to get hit, ever, again. I could trade that feeling for the relief of an abort any day. I'm sure you would, too. God bless. lance

IP Logged

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus

It's always darkest before
the dawn.

North Carolina, USA
Reply #4 - May 4th, 2012 at 8:33am

Agreed~  I don't want the pain.  Ever ever ever.. did I say ever?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
taratheking taraann77 taraann1977 peachypie77 imjustpeachypie  
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #5 - May 7th, 2012 at 4:27pm

I know the feeling as well.  Maybe it's due to increased endorphins after the huge workout of an attack?  Who knows...

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Darkfire
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

MD, USA
Reply #6 - May 8th, 2012 at 5:02am

ariel wrote on May 2nd, 2012 at 9:09pm:
I've never had that. I do feel relieved when its over. But even if I manage to stay calm during the attack & not let myself lose control from the pain, I usually end up crying a little while afterwards, because I know another one is coming soon.

From what I understand crying releases endorphins. I cry alot too. It helps sometimes and sometimes it just makes it worse.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!