Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New; Medication Research Study/Survey (Read 5326 times)
Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
New; Medication Research Study/Survey
May 2nd, 2012 at 9:27am

A Cluster Headache Medication Survey

ClusterBusters, a non-profit cluster headaches advocacy and education group, is now offering cluster headache patients the opportunity to participate in an on-line survey regarding the treatment effectiveness of the various medications and strategies used to treat cluster headaches.

You do not need to have tried or used any specific treatment to participate and the survey is applicable to both episodic and chronic persons.  This survey will include commonly prescribed traditional medicines (including abortive and preventative medications), various surgical procedures non-traditional medications to alleviate cluster headache.  The link to the survey is below.

Cluster headache is a rare disorder and poorly understood and there are very few studies/surveys regarding the effectiveness of the medications or treatments. The data from this survey will be summarized by a neurologist specializing in cluster headaches, will be submitted to a medical journal and will be used for presentations at medical conferences to educate other medical professionals.

If you are a cluster headache patient, please complete the survey as your participation could potentially assist other cluster headache patients and medical professionals in determining the most effective treatment for cluster headache patients.

Please note, it will take 25 to 40 minutes to complete this survey, as it is extensive.
Once started you will be unable to save and return later, so please allow sufficient time to complete the survey in one sitting.

Survey Link:  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

All survey answers and information will be held in strict confidence.

For further information please contact us:
Email:  info@clusterbusters.com
Web Site:  clusterbusters.com
Message Board:  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: New; Medication Research Study/Survey
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2012 at 11:47am

Did and done, would strongly, strongly, and VERY strongly encourage all to take the time to do this survey. If we don't take the time to help ourselves, we can't really whine that no one else will. Wink

A tip of my hat to Bob and the gang behind all this research.

joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2012 at 3:14pm

Have just completed it too, will be interested in the results.

IP Logged

Zeitgeist
CH.com Alumnus

Clustery szcmustery

|Norway|
Reply #3 - May 2nd, 2012 at 7:26pm

Done, but even here TAIR (Batch's The Anti-Inflammatory Regime) is not recognized...

-zg

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #4 - May 2nd, 2012 at 9:22pm

Done

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

kika
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - May 3rd, 2012 at 10:14pm

That didn't take 45 mins! Hope some useful data(and more importantly treatment) comes out of it.

IP Logged

Imitrex4Breakfast
CH.com Veteran

Kentuckiana
Reply #6 - May 3rd, 2012 at 10:38pm

Thanks Bob for being so active in helping others with Clusters. I will take the survery when I get a little more time to sit at my computer (soon).

Respectfully

I4B

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #7 - May 5th, 2012 at 8:40pm

Thank you everyone for an outstanding response so far.

The great numbers of responders has our medical professionals excited. I know there are a lot of surveys out there. Thank you all again for taking the time to complete the survey.

As to what was and what wasn't included; that was all decided upon with the advice of those medical professionals that are involved.
One thing we are looking to see is how the "real life" numbers compare with "published" and advertised efficacy rates.
Especially when it comes to clusters, much of the published rates and even the clinical trial data was taken from small sample sizes.

This is the first in what will be a series of surveys that we hope will produce some very specific improvements in cluster headache treatment.

Smiley

Bob

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

ariel
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Long Island new York
Reply #8 - May 5th, 2012 at 9:14pm

I've done it  Smiley

IP Logged

dougW
CH.com Veteran

pain is inevitable.  
suffering is optional

Canada  'eh.
Reply #9 - May 22nd, 2012 at 4:58pm

The response to the ClusterBuster online medication survey has been remarkable. 

To those that have already completed the survey, a huge thank you.

For those that have not yet completed the survey, we ask that you please make the time to do so.  The information gathered from the survey will be complied into a journal article.  Your input is needed to make this a comprehensive and complete review of the commonly prescribed traditional medicines (including abortive and preventative medications), various surgical procedures non-traditional medications to alleviate cluster headache.

(*note - the survey will take 25 - 40 minutes to complete and must be completed in one sitting)

We can make a difference.   Help to make that possible.

Survey link is: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Thank you

ClusterBusters Survey Team

Out beyond wrong doing and right doing there is a field of luminous consciousness.  I'll meet you there.   (Rumi)
IP Logged

AppleNutClusters
CH.com Old Timer

2012, Year of the Honey
Badger

Richmond, Virgina, USA
Reply #10 - May 22nd, 2012 at 5:30pm

Just finished.  Cool

jgroulx@mac.com  
IP Logged

cluster
CH.com Old Timer

WaterX3 - It helps!

Cologne(Europe)
Reply #11 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 4:39pm

Done.

Cluster Headache News: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register - German CH Site
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #12 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 9:30pm

Done.  This is one of those things I kept saying I'll do it next time.  Should have done it right away.

Thanks CB!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Kevin-58
CH.com Newbie

God Be with us

Middle Georgia
Reply #13 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 11:34pm

Done - hopefully this will bring us one step closer to finding an answer. Thanks Bob for the link. Well worth the time.
Kevin

kt.coleman  
IP Logged

9thNerve
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #14 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 3:01pm

Done!

IP Logged

dougW
CH.com Veteran

pain is inevitable.  
suffering is optional

Canada  'eh.
Reply #15 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 6:25pm

Survey is not closed and the process of compiling the data begins.   

Thank you all for your participation.   Smiley

Out beyond wrong doing and right doing there is a field of luminous consciousness.  I'll meet you there.   (Rumi)
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #16 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 7:23pm

dougW wrote on Jul 11th, 2012 at 6:25pm:
Survey is not closed and the process of compiling the data begins.   

Thank you all for your participation.   Smiley

Not or now?

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!