Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sad note... (Read 997 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Sad note...
Apr 30th, 2012 at 11:06am

I had some sad news from friends in Gladewater yesterday morning and I'm trying to digest it..

Apparently one of my friend's old classmates had a daughter suffering from CH (they didn't broadcast it or ask for help) and she committed suicide Sat. night.

Now he's been around me enough to know what they are but this shocked the devil out of him... "I knew how bad you said they were, but I just didn't realize they were THIS bad..." 

I'm sorry folks, but when this happens I take it personal.. If I'd only known MAYBE I could have done something to change the outcome.. This is THREE suicides in Gladewater that I know about (and Gladewater only has a population of about 6000).. how many are we missing?

And I don't have the answer -- It just upsets me to no end when this happens.. I urge everyone to reach out to other CHers... we're the ONLY ones who UNDERSTAND the pain and all that goes with it.. If we can prevent this from happening to ONE person - then whatever effort we put out is worth it..

I'll get over this one like I have the others in the past, but right now I'm totally upset - it just shouldn't have happened.. Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Re: Sad note...
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2012 at 11:44pm

Barb, I'm so sorry!  I too feel a loss every time I hear of another needless loss like this.  I will be praying for the family.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus

It's always darkest before
the dawn.

North Carolina, USA
Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2012 at 7:54am

Oh wow Barb.  This just hurts my heart immensly.  I'm sorry to hear this. Cry

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
taratheking taraann77 taraann1977 peachypie77 imjustpeachypie  
IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #3 - May 2nd, 2012 at 7:55am

I know how close I was to the "final solution." Then this site! We're so spread out, and some are so desperate, and...I also am sad when this happens. Will pray for you and the family and for healing from sorrow and grief. lance

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #4 - May 2nd, 2012 at 10:09am

Horrible story Barb.  Sad

I've yet to run across anyone but a CHer that has any idea of the pain level. No matter what people say, they really don't get that it has nothing to do with migraines. Only two doctors that I've known get it either.

A sad day, Barb.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #5 - May 4th, 2012 at 1:11am

Barb, you have made sure this young lady didn't die totally in vain. In 1989 when I was diagnosed the Neuro told me the estimated suicide rate for CH was 25%.

CH destroyed my planned future then, I had been a pilot for 10 yrs and had a lovely wife. Because of CH we decided to have no children.

What I thought were kip 10's at the time, were soon to become true 10's, I lost 2 very good jobs in aviation on the ground because of CH. Several times during true k-10's I almost ended it.

CH made me reduce my time with my daughter (previous) and question my usefulness to her and my wife. In the end I put down the gun for them, not me.

"Suicide Headaches" is a 2nd name for CH for very good reason. The rate is way less today but for most of us the thought does happen. The Kip definition for a true Kip 10 defines it well.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!