Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just getting started... where do I go from here? (Read 613 times)
HillaryLayne
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Just getting started... where do I go from here?
Apr 28th, 2012 at 6:32pm

Hey all, I can't express how much of a relief it was to find this site.  I woke up 4 days ago, around 4 in the morning, unable to open my right eye, and confused by the sensation that there was an axe sticking out of the top of my head.  Half awake, I thought it was extreme drowsiness and tried to go back to sleep.  It didn't go away.  For 14 hours, it decreased and increased and decreased and increased... but didn't go away.  I finally took myself to the ER, thinking I must be dying. 
That's when I was introduced to Cluster Headaches... a condition I had never heard of, and probably wouldn't have believed to be true even if I had been told about them.  I'm now 4 days in, and am struggling to welcome this new part of me.  I feel like I can't talk to anyone, because the pain is so unbelievable.  I've no insurance, no family doctor, but finally landed an appointment with a neurologist in 3 weeks.  I'm going insane.  I get hit hard about 4 times a day, and even when they subside, I feel like someone is following me around with a fistful of my hair... pulling as hard as they can.  I'm being attacked.  And I've no idea when it will stop.  I'm afraid I'll never feel normal again. 
Anyway... it helps to read about your experiences, and makes me feel not quite as alone as I've felt the last few days.  This is real... and others are going through it too... Thank you for that.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Just getting started... where do I go from here?
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 3:14am

HillaryLayne,

Welcome aboard CH.com...  You've come to the right place.

Odds are you are vitamin D3 deficient.  I know this sounds like an infomercial, but statistically...  you are vitamin D3 deficient and that deficiency is making your cluster headaches much worse...

Start the anti-inflammatory regimen with 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3, then see your PCP for the lab test. 

The simple starter dose includes the following supplements as shown by brands purchased from Costco for $35 or 20 cents a day for a 5 month supply: 

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The dose is two each...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #2 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 7:25am

HillaryLayne wrote on Apr 28th, 2012 at 6:32pm:
finally landed an appointment with a neurologist in 3 weeks.  ...   I'm being attacked. 

Something helpful for the present can be gulping down a power drink like Red Bull or Monster at the onset of an attack, one that contains caffeine and taurine.  I take a preventative, verapamil, so just have a double espresso, it works with no taurine, which doesn't mix with verap.  During an attack, icepacks may take a slight edge off.  Some can get help while sleeping with melatonin - in the vitamin aisle at any CVS, Rite Aid, or Walgreens.

Breathing pure oxygen at a rate better than 12Lpm is a best abortive measure for an attack.  A hightlighted tab on the left has more about that.  There are ways to have a set-up in a short time without insurance.

Welcome      Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2012 at 7:29am by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 9:10am

Welcome to the board, so glad you found us. Start the regimen Batch gave you immediately. It's pennies a day, good for you even if you don't have CH, and the number of people showing positive results from this is just too large to consider it coincidence. Then read this link:

Breathing pure oxygen is the fastest, cheapest, most effective way for me to abort an attack, usually in about 6-8 minutes. No side effects, no worry about over use, the first time you abort an attack you'll see why we preach it so heavily.

The energy drinks Kevin suggested, Red Bull, Rock Star, any containing the combo of caffiene and taurine, chug it down as fast as you can at the onset of an attack. Many can abort or really reduce an attack using those.

Finally, since insurance is an issue, check out our sister board for "alternative" treatments outside of mainstream medicine. They're turning out some pretty impressive results over there:

Clusterbusters.com

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!